News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Upgrading from VM2.0.14 to VM2.0.26

Started by Eternity, January 08, 2014, 19:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternity

Can anyone tell me if I can expect any problems if I simply download VM2.0.26 from the download section and upload it to the site?  I DO NOT have access to Cpanel or ftp to make a backup before upgrading and when I click on the upgrade button I keep getting the message "Invalid Token, in store config"

Before I just go ahead and install the new version, hoping that it will overwrite the old one, I would like someone to tell me if this is ok or not.

Thank you

jenkinhill

Use Akeeba backup first to backup the site, and test the update on a backup copy of the site (on localhost if necessary). You may need to rewrite parts of template overrides (if used) to suit the output from the latest version.

Don't use the VM live updater. Updates are best handled using Joomla's extensions installer. Get the file package from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Eternity

Great thanks Jenkill ... could I ask why do you advise against using the buttons within VM to update?

jenkinhill

The autoupdater will frequently give an Invalid Token warning as the Akeeba updater code used cannot handle the update file.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Eternity