News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Checkout Can't Progress Past 'Select Payment'

Started by bettondesign, January 07, 2014, 12:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettondesign

VM 2.0.26b
Joomla 2.5.17

I just upgraded from VM 2.0.26a to VM 2.0.26b in order to fix a problem but now I have another issue.
When a user clicks on the checkout button they are sent to a page asking them to select a payment method (Sage Pay). If they click on 'Save' they are sent back to the cart/checkout page. If they then click on the checkout button again they are sent back to the select payment method page... This carries on in an infinite loop!

Please help as no one can use the shop at the moment.

AH

Sorry to hear of the problem

I would not recommend an update to any version without doing so first on a mirror test system that you then test thoroughly.

I know this is not going to solve your issue, but all shop owners should never update directly into live without first testing thoroughly!

Maybe others will learn from your experience
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Tanker

Well, too late for that, the damage is done, now we need a solution... not all are developers or think like developers, we just saw an update with a label "Recommended" so we update because it's recommended or because whatever reason, it is an update which suppose to be better than the actual version, not to make it worst...

I am too in this same situation, the questions are simple....

How do I fix it? if there isn't a fix... then

How do I revert the damage and get an old version without compromising the database, or the configuration...

Thank you.

t68

I got this issue too on VM2.0.26d (had it on 26b also). In my case it was a fresh install and I took the latest recommended version. So I couldn't test versions before.
I agree with Tanker. We're not all devs. Hell, I don't even know how to set up a testing environment. So if there's a recommended update I tend to install it.

I see more and more posts about this problem here in the forum. So I tend to think there's something going on with the '26 versions of VM.
For you guys having this issue, try disabling one page checkout. This works for me as a temporary solution.

On j2.5.17 VM2.0.26b

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

AH

I am aware we are not all developers - neither am I

The question is simple

The quick answer that you can control is - restore to your backup.

Once you have updated the live site, reversion is sometimes not an option, without dev skills!

Sometimes the fault lies in compatibility with third party templates or components, so a quick fix may not be forthcoming.

You should (at least the) have the skills and expereince to restore the backup that you took just before you updated - (assuming of course,  you do have a backup strategy)

I really wish the Auto update button was removed from the Admin area, or at least had a separate page with tons of Cavaets on it.

I am not suggesting that the update might not have a problem, but, if it does the devs may not have the time to respond to shop owners that have a "hit it and hope" approach i.e. their live site is messed up.

From experience I know that updating into live is not the way to run an e-commerce venture and clearly that is what you two posters above are now aware of.

If you cannot setup your own test environment or know how to manage backup/restore strategies, then maybe now is the time to think about how important your e-commerce channel is to your business and invest time/money accordingly.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

t68

I'm totally with you. Problem in my case is that I don't have a backup since I just installed and the problem is there from start

t68

Hi! Me again. Just a quick check question: is OPC supposed to work in the joomla default templates like beez?  I've tried switching to those and also use VM own CSS but I still get the select payment bounce back to checkout. But maybe OPC is not supported by the beez template and I'm testing the wrong way...?
Running j2.5.17 VM 20.26d  VM templates Nno

AH

I use a form of BEEZ template on 2.0.26d and OPC does function

Using default VM templates with some overrides

No third party checkouts etc

Do you have an URL I can look at?
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

t68

Thanks for helping me out Hutson!

The site is here:
http://kulturverkstan.se/index.php/webbshop

Right now OPC disabled since it´s live and we want customers to be able to shop. But maybe you can spot something.
Theme is VirtuemartTemplates Nano. Their support have been looking at it for a couple of days. Sometimes saying they´ve fixed it but everytime I check its not working. Tried several PC:s and browsers.

Last attempt they made the "Go to checkout" button stopped working when OPC enabled. Works ok with it disabled. Maybe they´re onto something.

t68

The support at virtuemarttemplates helped me out so now I got OPC working! Unfortunately I don't really know what they did to fix it. I'll try to find out and post it here.

AH

From what I can see You are using a commercial template for OPC not the default template.

I think you have now sorted the issue out with them directly
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

driver.by

Hello, I have VM 2.0.26d and I've faced up with the same problem.
I've figured out that "virtuemart_paymentmethod_id" variable is required at the checkout form.

You need to override your VM "cart/default.php" template. Than just place this code into it:
<input type="hidden" name="virtuemart_paymentmethod_id" value="<?php echo $this->cart->virtuemart_paymentmethod_id?>"/>

I've placed it in the hidden fields section (end of the file):
// Continue and Checkout Button END ?>
<input type="hidden" name="virtuemart_paymentmethod_id" value="<?php echo $this->cart->virtuemart_paymentmethod_id?>"/>    <!--      <==== New code    -->
<input type='hidden' name='order_language' value='<?php echo $this->order_language?>'/>
<input type='hidden' id='STsameAsBT' name='STsameAsBT' value='<?php echo $this->cart->STsameAsBT?>'/>
<input type='hidden' name='task' value='<?php echo $this->checkout_task?>'/>
<input type='hidden' name='option' value='com_virtuemart'/>
<input type='hidden' name='view' value='cart'/>

And now there is no problems with payment select.
Note: I have just one payment option, and haven't tested it with more.

Milbo

driver.by
Very nice done. I noticed this problem and tried to write the vm2.5.4 cart more robust to avoid exactly this problem.

It would be quite perfect if you could test the vm2.5.4 without your hack and then with your hack. It should work always.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member