[SOLVED] Invoice PDFs Not Generating - Confirmed Order Emails Not Being Sent

Started by blizam, January 07, 2014, 05:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blizam

Latest and Greatest (stable):

Joomla: 2.5.17
VM: 2.0.26a

PHP Memory: 128M

I'm lumping these together because I'm assuming (bad form, I know)  they're related.

I noticed e-mails weren't being sent out on system confirmed orders and that PDFs were not being generated for about the last 3 weeks.

I use PayLeap to process CC payments and have the default (AIO updated) PayPal plugin as well. I strictly used PayPal in my testing.

PayPal acks back when the payment is received and VM reflects that the order status is "Confirmed", but emails are not sent out, I cannot click the "Invoice" icon on the BE Orders page and see an invoice (loads a blank page) nor are there any (new) PDFs in the safe path Invoices folder.

PayPal Config:

Pending Transactions : Confirmed by Shopper
Successful Transactions: Confirmed
Cancel Transactions: Cancelled
Capture Payment: Confirmed
Refunded: Refunded
Partial Refund: Refunded

Now, when I go in an manually toggle an order status (like to Pending... then Confirmed by Shopper) both the shopper and the admin get the HTML emails, no Invoice is attached however. (not sure if one is supposed to be attached for those statuses actually)

When I manually change it to "Confirmed" VM throws a blank domain.com/administrator/index.php page, but once I navigate back to Orders the status change is persisted correctly, however, no emails are sent, no PDF generated, etc.

Shopper/Vendor both configured to receive Confirmed status emails under Checkout

Appreciate any help... it was working at one point... I believe I've only done the latest "25c > 26a" upgrade in the time since it last worked... 

blizam

Bump -

Is there more debug info I could be providing? I don't have any overrides so far as invoices are concerned... I'd be happy to run any tests/revert certain files to VM 25c files and test... anything anyone can think of to test do let me know!

alatak

Hello
PayPal acks back when the payment is received and VM reflects that the order status is "Confirmed", but emails are not sent out, I cannot click the "Invoice" icon on the BE Orders page and see an invoice (loads a blank page) nor are there any (new) PDFs in the safe path Invoices folder.
The workflow is that Paypal receives the IPN, updates the order status, and then send the email including the invoice.
If the invoice cannot be created because you do not have enough memory, then you have a fatal error, and the email is not sent
And this is the problem because you cannot create the invoice either via the Virtuemart administration.

try to increase this parameter

Milbo

Maybe you have the new pdf library with the changed API,
maybe your layout is special complex and/or some big images in it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

blizam

Quote from: alatak on January 08, 2014, 09:50:28 AM
Hello
The workflow is that Paypal receives the IPN, updates the order status, and then send the email including the invoice.
If the invoice cannot be created because you do not have enough memory, then you have a fatal error, and the email is not sent
And this is the problem because you cannot create the invoice either via the Virtuemart administration.

try to increase this parameter

I cranked it up to 512M, no luck
//this is on VPS, 2G mem dedicated
Placed back at 128M (It was previously generating PDF invoices fine under 64M, I read that 128 is the rec for VM so I upped it prior to creating this thread)

Quote from: Milbo on January 08, 2014, 13:20:14 PM
Maybe you have the new pdf library with the changed API,
maybe your layout is special complex and/or some big images in it.

I have no overwrites for components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice

I unchecked the "include vendor image" from the invoices tab, and unpublished my vendor image, same results

//each time I'm testing by going to the orders screen and trying to view invoices from completed orders and force generate from cancelled/pending ones

I'm not sure how to verify if I have the "new pdf library with the changed API"  -- normal installs of Joomla and VM 2.0.26a (well, VM has been upgraded since install anyways) + the active template (I tried switching to Beez just to be sure)

Thank you both for your reply

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum