News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

paypal settings don't save

Started by zipadyduda, January 07, 2014, 04:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zipadyduda

I just set up VM, added a payment method, paypal, I filled out the first page and saved, no problem, then I went to the second tab, "configuration" and by default it's set to sandbox.
I tried entering information in the forms, but no matter what I do, when I hit save again, it looses everything I put in on the config page and returns to empty boxes and sandbox.
I don't see any error messages, am I missing something?

Thanks

zipadyduda

Joomla! 2.5.9
VM 2.0.26a
php 5.4.22

alatak

Hello
The issue is probably this one: the paypal plugin is not published in Joomla. But  i need to check why it is not published when saving the config.
Can you contact me. I have sent you a PM.

zipadyduda

I checked the 'discover' button in joomla extensions manager. there were some old things there not related to vm. i purged them and reinstalled vm. I also made sure and the paypal payment plugin is active in plugin manager. I tried recreating the entry and also creating an additional entry and reordering them as one post suggests.
I also tried uninstalling VM and aio and deleting all vm tables from the database and also virtuemart entries in #_extensions and reinstalling.

The problem persists.

zipadyduda

Updated to Joomla! 2.5.17
problem persists. This is strange, There are a number of posts reporting similar issues, but the fixes are vague and inconsistent. It's pretty much a deal breaker for me if I can't figure it out. I'm not sure how to enter the info manually for paypal express checkout in the database or php.  If anyone knows I'll try that.

zipadyduda

This happens not only with paypal, but the other payment options also. I can save the first page, but not the configuration page.

alatak

Hello
Do you have the same problem with the shipment?

zipadyduda

Today I logged in, I tested the shipping configuration per your request, and it worked. Then I went to payment, and it worked.

I didn't make any changes that I can think of. I don't understand it but it's working now.

alatak

Hello
Strange indeed. And happy it works now for you.