News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Languange Problem in Product Images tab

Started by ronydjohan, January 03, 2014, 12:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronydjohan

Hi Guys,
Just found a strange display in my Product Images tab. It seem like it missed the language, but I don't know how to fix it. Please see the pic I attached. I have installed VM2 several times, but just found this kind of trouble today. FYI, using Joomla 2.15.6 and VM 2.0.24c and already tried with joomla 2.5.17 and VM 2.0.26a with the same problem. Please advise, thanks in advance.

jjk

Looks like a your file yourdomain\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart_media.ini is not loaded for some reason.
Please enable 'Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in your Joomla configuration an then go to the VM2 page shown in your screenshot. Scroll down to the bottom of the view and check if the file is loaded (probably not) and if any errors in the language file are shown.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ronydjohan

Quote from: jjk on January 03, 2014, 18:45:52 PM
Looks like a your file yourdomain\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart_media.ini is not loaded for some reason.
Please enable 'Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in your Joomla configuration an then go to the VM2 page shown in your screenshot. Scroll down to the bottom of the view and check if the file is loaded (probably not) and if any errors in the language file are shown.

@jjk
You are right that file en-GB.com_virtuemart_media.ini not loaded, can you please explain to me how could this happen, i always use the same installation file and just this time i get this error. Really appreciate your help. Thanks.

jjk

With Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in your Joomla configuration, does Debug show any parsing errors? Parsing errors in language files (also from other extensions) may prevent loading that file.

ronydjohan

QuoteWith Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in your Joomla configuration, does Debug show any parsing errors? Parsing errors in language files (also from other extensions) may prevent loading that file.

Sorry I don't really understand what you meant. but, fyi, in debug pic i sent before, just that virtuemart language that didn't load, and also in other part of virtuemart all languages are normal, just in product images tab that seemed to be not loaded. and this is also a fresh installed joomla + virtuemart, so i haven't used other third party module. thanks

ronydjohan

i've just found the solution, copy paste that missing languange file. even i still don't understand how could that happen, because i'm using the same installation file, and on the same computer. but thanks anyway for the information.  ;)

jjk

Quote from: ronydjohan on January 12, 2014, 08:30:07 AM
QuoteWith Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in your Joomla configuration, does Debug show any parsing errors? Parsing errors in language files (also from other extensions) may prevent loading that file.

Sorry I don't really understand what you meant.

I did mean that there is a tab in the Joomla Debug Console labled 'Parsing errors in Language files'. If there is any parsing error in a language file, the parsing error often prevents loading one or more of the required language files from loading.