News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vmError: TableInvoices COM_VIRTUEMART_INVOICE_NUMBER empty

Started by Vlad44b, December 31, 2013, 19:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopper999

Hey Vlad44b,

I took your credentials and tested your shop.
I created an order.
When I change the status to "confirmed" an invoice is being generated in the safe path, with filename "vminvoice_140111acd05.pdf".

I can successfully delete the order in the backend, without any errors.
At this point, the PDF filename is not deleted, but changed to another name "140111acd05_20140111.pdf".

I tried the same in my own VM installation. The same effect. The PDF is only renamed after deletition.

@VM experts: Is this usual?
@Vlad44b: The only thing I changed, was the backend-language to english, and I didn't get such errors, as you stated. Can you confirm this?

Nevertheless, the order is being deleted from the backend order-history, but the pdf is only renamed in the filesystem. Why?

Beside all this: Another interesting thing:
If I switch your FRONTEND language from russian to english, I do not see products an more,
and other messages like "No shipment method has been configurated".
I didn't know, that this is language dependant...

In the end, I think your problems are caused by a broken translation in front- and backend.
I would be interested, why the invoices are only renamed? Perhaps for future reference by the shop owner?

Vlad44b

Thank you for your help.

QuoteIf I switch your FRONTEND language from russian to english, I do not see products an more,

This is not a problem. Depends on the language.

Quote@Vlad44b: The only thing I changed, was the backend-language to english, and I didn't get such errors, as you stated. Can you confirm this?

My steps now:
1. Change the backend-language to English.
2. Delete all orders from folder /vmfiles/invoices
3. Create first new order.
4. Press button (+) to create invoice from this order and save it on my computer.
5. Delete order.
Result - vmError: TableInvoices The given COM_VIRTUEMART_INVOICE_NUMBER is empty. This field is obligatory, please enter your data and store again.
6. Reopen FTP /vmfiles/invoices - PDF order still here.

Did you point number 4?
Thanks.

shopper999

Very strange. I didn't get this error on your shop.

Where do you do this exactly? You mean the graphic?
4. Press button (+) to create invoice from this order and save it on my computer.
I didn't do it this way.
I created the invoice by changing the status in the order-list.
Click the order, change the status to "confirmed" in the dropdown, click "Update".

I deleted by checking the checkbox in the order-history list, and click on delete.

6. Reopen FTP /vmfiles/invoices - PDF order still here.
Is the filename renamed?

I also used the admin-user in the frontend, to buy the product. Do you use another user?

Vlad44b

QuoteI didn't do it this way.

This error only after:

Just exactly repeat my steps and do not forget the item number 4.

shopper999

OK, I got it.
You created a delivery note, not an invoice!

The error occurs ONLY in the following case:
If the status is "pending", and I create a DELIVERY NOTE    without AN INVOICE !!!!!!
I can download the delivery note.

If I then delete an order, the message appears:

vmError: TableInvoices The given COM_VIRTUEMART_INVOICE_NUMBER is empty. This field is obligatory, please enter your data and store again.

but the order is deleted anyway (from the list, don't know if it's clean in the DB).

I can reproduce this situation in my own VM installation.

So milbo, it's time for you ;-)

At this time, I don't think, that this is critical, because the order seems to be deleted.
As a workaround, you can simply also create an invoice (the symbol on the right) and delete the order afterwards without errors.

Still my question: Why are the pdfs renamed instead of deleted? For future reference?

Vlad44b

QuoteI can reproduce this situation in my own VM installation.

Thank you for helping to reproduce this error.

QuoteSo milbo, it's time for you ;-)

Let's hope for the fix in the next release.

QuoteStill my question: Why are the pdfs renamed instead of deleted? For future reference?

I tried your steps:
1. Create new order.
2. Change to confirmed
3. Press Update Order Status
Got:
vmError: Vendor image given image is not complete images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/.
1 order(s) have been updated
4. Check folder /vmfiles/invoices and found file - vminvoice_140111de6015.pdf
5. Delete order. Orders successfully deleted.
6. Reopen FTP folder /vmfiles/invoices and found file name - 140111de6015_20140111.pdf

PHP 5.5

shopper999

Yes, that's the normal situation.

The error

vmError: Vendor image given image is not complete images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/.

is raised, because you can put a vendor image into the header of the pdf invoice.
Because you didn't set a vendor image, e.g. your logo, this message appears.

If you would like to fix this, you just simply need to upload an image at Shop -> Shop -> Vendor -> (scroll down to "Upload File").

Farshad88

Yes, I also confirms.

1. Create new order.
2. Status is "pending". Press button (+) to create delivery note from this order and save it.
3. Delete order.
Result - vmError: TableInvoices The given COM_VIRTUEMART_INVOICE_NUMBER is empty. This field is obligatory, please enter your data and store again.

eag

I have about 40 test orders on my site.

I am trying to remove them, but it's not possible.

When I try to delete an order, I get the multiple messages, depending on the situation:
When the order is marked as pending or canceled:
VMerror: VirtueMartModelOrders :: remove 26
Orders Could not be deleted.

When the order is marked as confirmed:
VMerror: The Given COM_VIRTUEMART_INVOICE_NUMBER TableInvoices is empty. This field is obligatory, Please enter your data and store again.
VMerror: VirtueMartModelOrders :: remove 23
Orders Could not be deleted.

In all cases, the order still appears in the list of orders, but the order has lost all information about the buyer and the products purchased.

No error in php.log.

How I can clean my store for all orders? if possible without having to do it manually in the database, now I can do it this way, but when the client is managing it can be a problem.

thanks in advance

VM 2.0.26d
Joomla 2.5.17

apri