News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No products in category layout links

Started by romsuu, December 28, 2013, 18:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romsuu

cant see any products when my link is created in english menu with category layout with Required Settings category selected and page layout is categories
when i put the page layout on default or no override then its blank page

pls reply or pm what is a problem with that

using languages Estonian and English

Joomla! 2.5.17

and virtuemart 2.0.26a

debug is on front page

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/17951190/file.html

[attachment cleanup by admin]

damonc

Did you ever solve this problem? I am having the same trouble - Menu links to category layouts are showing a blank page.

I have tried all the fixes I could find in other forum posts.

J 2.5.17 and VM 2.0.26d

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

damonc

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 27, 2014, 23:34:57 PM
Are you using an on "Categories" link? 
See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120433.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120375.msg410102#msg410102
and others.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. No, I'm not using a "categories" link. I have seen those two posts you linked to.

I have tried the following:

1. Create a "Category Layout" menu item. "Select a Category" = Top Level Category; "Page Layout" = categories.
Result on front end website: Clicking on the menu item shows categories but not products (url index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0&categorylayout=categories&Itemid=112). Clicking on one of the categories shows a blank page.

2. Create a "Category Layout" menu item. "Select a Category" = <choose one of the categories>; "Page Layout" = categories.
Result on front end website: Clicking on the menu item shows blank page (url index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=1&categorylayout=categories&Itemid=112).

3. Create a "Product Details Layout" menu item. "Select a Product" = <choose any product>
Result on front end website: Clicking on the menu item shows the product detail page correctly (url index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=5&Itemid=114).

I have tried all of the above with both my template and the beez20 template - same results each time.

Interestingly, if I install VM sample data on a brand new Joomla install, everything seems to work correctly. Is there some setting that I need to check?

Thanks again.

jenkinhill

Are you using multilanguage like romsuu was?

Have you assigned products to a shopper group or are they available for all?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

romsuu

site is multilanguage Estonian English and Russian there will be more languages like Finnish Sweddish and Norwegian

jenkinhill

OK so go back to the beginning, hhaave you set up the store as described in http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/36-multilingual-store/99-multilanguage-setup.html

Have you Joomla menu links to VM in each language? Are the products yet created in each languuage?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

damonc

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 28, 2014, 10:36:04 AM
Are you using multilanguage like romsuu was?

Have you assigned products to a shopper group or are they available for all?

No, not using multi language. The only "international" setting is that I have set shop currency to Chinese RMB and also added Australian $ to the list of accepted currencies.

Haven't set up any special shopper groups. Products are available to all.

Maybe I should just use the sample data, strip out all the products and see if that works? Unless you have a more elegant solution?

jenkinhill

Unless you have a lot of experience with VM you should install the sample data to start with.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

damonc

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 29, 2014, 23:19:54 PM
Unless you have a lot of experience with VM you should install the sample data to start with.

I have used VM on half a dozen or so websites and have never seen this problem. Seems a bit strange that a clean install with only a few manually entered products and a single category isn't working correctly.

banik78

Hi to everyone has this strange problem. I am using latest VM 2.0.26 and joomla 2.5.9. Everything worked fine since I upgraded to VM 2.0.26. The problem is  that I cannot display the frontpage products or any product in it's category when in public. But if I register I can see them. Even if I point to a specific product with a menu item I get a 404 error, but product exists only if I register. I don't know what to do and my customer has freacked out. Why not shown in public and only for a register user?