News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Unable to view product details when logged out

Started by trec-r, December 27, 2013, 07:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trec-r

Been setting up VM for a new website. In the process of setting up everything we are no longer able to view product details while logged out. I have tired undoing everything I did before the problem was noticed. We were configuring shopper groups at the time, but it might have been something I did before hand. Everything else is working perfectly. Currently running VM 2.0.26a on J 2.5.17.

Thanks

jenkinhill

Quote from: trec-r on December 27, 2013, 07:23:02 AM
We were configuring shopper groups at the time,

Most stores do not need to use shopper groups, unless for group specific pricing. So they are usually best left alsone, ie as "available for all". Maybe you set the shopper group for products to default? They would only be seen when logged in.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

trec-r

We do need to have prices specific to shopper groups. Each product is created with a price that is available to all groups. Also with my experimenting last night I am now having the same problem with product categories, which is a new issue.

trec-r

Found the problem. I had been working on styling CSS for a menu and did not want anyone to see what I was working on. To do that I made menu items for all of the categories and set them to registered. Big face palm moment.