News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] 500 Internal Error updating order status to "Confirmed" - VM 2.0.26a

Started by Typhoon365, December 25, 2013, 13:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typhoon365

after upgrading to VM 2.0.26a we are now getting a 500 Internal server error whenever an order status is changed to "Confirmed" status either via PayPal IPN or updating status thru the Virtuemart admin console.   Checking the order afterwards, the status actually does change to "Confirmed" so must be some error that occurs after it updates the order status in the database.   

Strange thing is that it only occurs if we have "Notify Shopper" ticked.    But if we update status to another state such as "Cancelled" or "Shipped" with "Notify Shopper" tick it works fine.

This only started occurring since upgrading to VM 2.0.26a.   

Can't see any relevant errors in log files.

Any ideas ?

Typhoon365

Seems to be the invoice generation that's causing the failure. 

If I change the invoice to be generated on Shipped status instead of Confirmed status, then the confirm status works fine but then get the 500 internal server error on the shipped status.

Any ideas of any changes in 2.0.26a that could be causing this ?   

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Typhoon365

Thanks for the response..   But memory limit set to 128MB, so think this should be suffient..

Typhoon365

Just to note our PHP version is quite old v5.2.17 (waiting for upgrade by hosting company to a later version) but previous version of VM we had installed which was 2.0.24 was working fine with this.    So unless, anything introduced in 2.0.26a that requires a later PHP version ?

shopper999

Could you please create a blank file
"/logs/com_virtuemart.log.php"

and try again?
(Problem described in detail: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121130.0)

Typhoon365

cool... your a star !!!!   After I created the log file "/logs/com_virtuemart.log.php" the invoice generation now works again.   It was trying to report the following error to the log file thus must have beenfailing because the log file didn't exist

2014-01-03 12:05:40 ERROR vmError: Warning extension of the image is a png, tpcdf has problems with that in the header, choose a jpg or gif

thank you so much..

warylad

Hi post members,

Im facing Error 500 at the press of confirm order button after checkout by users, i read post above and did created the com_virtuemart.log.php suggested as below in specified folder.

Could you please create a blank file
"/logs/com_virtuemart.log.php"

But the issue is i cannot get any the error reported in this file... while at the frontend i'm still getting below error, please suggest something...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

jenkinhill

Check the server error log for information about the 500 error..

And please don't use that bloody red glow. It makes text difficult to read.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member