Display better error message in checkout registration error

Started by maxxer, December 23, 2013, 17:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxxer

Hi.
We've a VM2 shop quite busy, and it often happens that when a user register the choosen username is taken already. At this time an (i) informational message is displayed in the cart page. The message is not clearly visible, and the fact that the page moved to checkout makes the user think everything was ok.
But from here ahead the user cannot complete the checkout, resulting in escaping users.

I've done several searches so far, but couldn't find a specific solution.

Is it possible to perform the check via ajax, or better return to the registration page if there's an error with the data entered?

I found a possible  workaround in the  email as username plugin, but before using that I'd like to know if there's a better alternative.
I'm currently running VM 2.0.18a.

Thanks

Jumbo!

System message visibility can be altered/customized by your Joomla template style. Customize the system message style using css in your Joomla Template as per your need.

maxxer

Quote from: Jumbo! on December 23, 2013, 20:33:53 PM
System message visibility can be altered/customized by your Joomla template style. Customize the system message style using css in your Joomla Template as per your need.

thanks for the suggestion, but still the major issue IMHO is that there's an error in the form and the user is taken to another page

Jumbo!

Probably your Joomla Template is not loading or correctly loading Joomla Form validation script which verifies registration form before submission. You need to contact your Joomla Template developer and resolve that issue. If you use standard Joomla template then you will not face the same.

Milbo

Quote from: maxxer on December 23, 2013, 17:40:53 PM
Is it possible to perform the check via ajax, or better return to the registration page if there's an error with the data entered?

I found a possible  workaround in the  email as username plugin, but before using that I'd like to know if there's a better alternative.
I'm currently running VM 2.0.18a.

Thanks

uohm, not easy. I fear it is not a template problem jumbo, it can help to relief the problem. It is not an errror, which you can prevent by a form validation, except the validation is using ajax.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member