News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Default number of products in a row I've set to 2 but it shows 3?

Started by David Butterworth, December 12, 2013, 18:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Butterworth

'Default number of products in a row' I've set to 2 but it shows 3?
Well it does show 2 on the home page and manufacturer page, but on my Product Categories pages it shows 3 items with small images at 85px appox. square.
I've tried many setting but can't get it to look right, I use 'Use joomla default' and 'Using the VirtueMart CSS", I tried 'Use Fancybox' I get bigger images but just one column and the 'Sort by' also is messy.

How do I get to edit this in a CSS?

Note I using Joomla 2.5.16 and Virtuemart 2.0.22a, I can't update Virtuemart as I get a white screens, will sort that next.

Thanks David

jenkinhill

You need also to set Number of Products per Row in each category editor to 2

Important to update as you VM version in insecure.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

David Butterworth

Thanks for that, I've been pulling my hair out on that, I didn't dream there would be control there.
Great pictures are bigger but not quite the 200px I set, more like 120px any thoughts on that.

I have to get past the white screen problem as I update. will look into that on the forum soon
I updated to latest version without problem this time, so didn't have to rely on backup

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

David Butterworth

Well I look into Firebug and I'm using default Virtuemart css (vmsite-ltr, but there's also 3 other css on the pull down menu), I found how to control size a bit but it breaks 2 column layout, so I'll have to find how to change other widths in the column.

The thing that gets me is the Homepage I have set up works perfectly and it's just the category pages that the images are forced somehow smaller.