News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Display Issues with Trademark Symbols in the Related Products Area

Started by keypoint, December 16, 2013, 21:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keypoint

We have a lot of products that contain the Trademark Symbol (™) and they appear to show up correctly in all areas of the front-end display, except for the "Related Products" section on the front-end.

For some reason, the Trademark Symbol (™) is not being super-scripted in the "Related Products" area on the front-end.

So, for example, instead of being displayed as Product™, it is being displayed as ProductTM in the "Related Products" area on the front-end.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

If so, then we would greatly appreciate step-by-step instructions on how to correct this issue.

Thank You
Virtuemart 2.0.20b / Joomla 2.5.14 / PHP 5.3.27

PRO

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

keypoint

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 19, 2013, 15:10:34 PM
I use rereplacer for issues like that. Like here:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120562.msg411042#msg411042

Thank you for your reply Kelvyn.

We reviewed the "ReReplacer" Joomla plug-in that you mentioned for us to use to resolve our issue and it appears that this plug-in is only a temporary solution as it does not provide permanent replacements.

Therefore, we would greatly appreciate it if you could please provide us with a more permanent solution, if at all possible.

Thanks again for your help!!

PRO

view productdetails/default_relatedproducts.php

right before this

<?php echo $field->display; ?>

add this

<?php $field->display = str_replace( 'TM', ' ™', $field->display ); ?>

keypoint

Quote from: PRO on December 21, 2013, 02:38:23 AM
view productdetails/default_relatedproducts.php

right before this

<?php echo $field->display; ?>

add this

<?php $field->display = str_replace( 'TM', ' ™', $field->display ); ?>

Thank you for your reply Pro.

Unfortunately, this code did not work.

Do you think that we might have inserted the wrong code in the "Product Name" field (under the Product Information Tab).

For example, if our product is called the Xerox WorkCenter™ Multifunction Printer.

Here is what we would insert in the "Product Name" field:

Xerox WorkCenter&trade;  Multifunction Printer

Are we using the correct code in the "Product Name" field?

If not, then we would greatly appreciate it if you could please provide us with the correct code.

Thank You

PRO

the code i posted above worked for me see my image

then also
use alt codes
http://fsymbols.com/computer/trademark/

[attachment cleanup by admin]

keypoint

Quote from: PRO on December 23, 2013, 01:15:14 AM

then also
use alt codes

We followed your instructions and unfortunately this code along with the alt codes did not work.

We are using a special font requested by the client, do you think that perhaps this could be causing issues for us?

Lastly, we installed the "ReReplacer" plug-in suggested by jenkinhill and this worked in super-scripting the Trademark Symbols™.  However, it stripped the special font that we have installed on the site and it also did not pick up the color properties of the Template Settings. 

So, if the Template Settings for the color of the "Hover" feature are orange, the ReReplacer will not pick up this color setting and instead insert the Trademark Symbols™ in the default black color.  Thereby, giving you a two-toned appearance.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your help!

PRO

Quote from: keypoint on December 23, 2013, 03:55:49 AM

then also
use alt codes

We followed your instructions and unfortunately this code along with the alt codes did not work.

We are using a special font requested by the client, do you think that perhaps this could be causing issues for us?

Lastly, we installed the "ReReplacer" plug-in suggested by jenkinhill and this worked in super-scripting the Trademark Symbols™.  However, it stripped the special font that we have installed on the site and it also did not pick up the color properties of the Template Settings. 

So, if the Template Settings for the color of the "Hover" feature are orange, the ReReplacer will not pick up this color setting and instead insert the Trademark Symbols™ in the default black color.  Thereby, giving you a two-toned appearance.

Any suggestions?

have you tried another font?

keypoint

Quote from: PRO on December 23, 2013, 12:27:07 PM
Quote from: keypoint on December 23, 2013, 03:55:49 AM

then also
use alt codes

Any suggestions?

have you tried another font?

For the "Product Name" field, the Template settings have been set to pick up the Linotype Rubber Stamp Font requested by the client.  However, for the "Related Products" area, the default Template font is being used. 

And it is in the "Related Products" area where the Trademark Symbols™ are not being super-scripted.

So, any suggestions on what we could try next?

Thank you again for your help!!

PRO

if it works fro me, there must be something that is making it not work for you.

keypoint

Quote from: PRO on December 24, 2013, 20:33:59 PM
if it works fro me, there must be something that is making it not work for you.

One of the other Forum Moderators provided a code last night that worked (see code below).

Hopefully this code will also help others on the forum should they run into a similar issue with Trademark Symbols™ not getting super-scripted in the "Related Products" area.

<span class="product-field-display"><?php echo str_replace('&trade;','<sup>&trade;</sup>', $field->display); ?></span>

Thanks again for your help!!

Happy Holidays!!