News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problems with PayPal in Version 2.0.26

Started by ZaubernLernen, December 16, 2013, 14:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alatak

hello

QuoteSorry alatak, I disagree with this.

VM does not need to verify this information - transaction verification is carried out by PayPal. In truth VM cannot possibly know if it is the correct email for the vendors paypal account, there is no reliable way of testing. This check simply introduces additional unnecessary complexity, the end result of which is invariably an issue like this one.

Something to consider - If the email address is incorrect it will easily be picked up by the vendor when they initially test.
i am not checking that the email address is correct or not.
ofc it is paypal that will check that.
what is done: it only validates the transaction if it is done on the correct paypal account.

DeeEmm

Quote from: alatak on January 30, 2014, 17:46:35 PM
i am not checking that the email address is correct or not.
ofc it is paypal that will check that.

Exactly

Quote from: alatak on January 30, 2014, 17:46:35 PM
what is done: it only validates the transaction if it is done on the correct paypal account.

If you are sending payments to the wrong merchant email address (paypal account) you should be checking long BEFORE you send the transaction to paypal, not afterwards.

admiss

Hello,

VirtueMart 2.0.26d
Joomla 2.5.17
Responsive template
Multilingual site

Once I'm redirected to to PayPal site - once not (in this case after "Please select a pay­ment method - Save" it redirects you to the Shopping Cart page)
I haven't touch/change settings!

This definitely looks like a VM issue - maybe something to do with AJAX?  If it is intermittent then some timing may be affecting it - asynchronous AJAX would be the suspect ...?

I am not familiar with coding, so quick response/help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alatak

Hello
You are using the Express checkout from a third party developer. Not the one provided by VirtueMart.
You should ask directly the developer of that plugin.

admiss

Okay, thanks.

I've  just read about "[VM2.0.26 includes Paypal Express Checkout, Paypal Pro and Paypal Pro (Hosted), New features and Fixed Bugs"
http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/452-virtuemart-2-0-26-includes-paypal-express-checkout-paypal-pro-and-paypal-pro-hosted
I supposed, the problem partially belongs to VM.

alatak

Hello
The screen shot that you provided is not the one from the paypal included in the VM core.
It is of type PayPal express Checkout SSC
The one provided in the core is called "Paypal"

alatak

Hello

Please create a new payment method, and select PayPal
Save it,
Go in the configuration and select Express Checkout
And in this case, you will be using the one provided by the VM core team.

admiss

Thanks for the instruction.
It seems to be working fine.
But I have 2 problems.
1. on the product page there are shown accepted credit cards, and Paypal. How could I  remove this?
2. in shopping cart "PayPal" appears twice (once as payment method, and once the PP checkout button). In Vm - Config - Config - Checkout I enabled One Page checkout. If I "press" the "Checkout with PayPal" button in shoping cart, the "Check Out Now" button has no role.
Check the attachment, please.
Thank you

lindapowers

Quote from: admiss on February 04, 2014, 16:48:48 PM
Thanks for the instruction.
It seems to be working fine.
But I have 2 problems.
1. on the product page there are shown accepted credit cards, and Paypal. How could I  remove this?
2. in shopping cart "PayPal" appears twice (once as payment method, and once the PP checkout button). In Vm - Config - Config - Checkout I enabled One Page checkout. If I "press" the "Checkout with PayPal" button in shoping cart, the "Check Out Now" button has no role.
Check the attachment, please.
Thank you

That looks like the SJ bakery template from Smartaddons, check with them if there are template issues by using default beez first.

We had some issues with their template on another website.

admiss

Great :x

I don't use beez as default
Sj bakery+Bluestork

Whatever...thank you

lindapowers

Quote from: admiss on February 05, 2014, 10:18:32 AM
Great :x

I don't use beez as default
Sj bakery+Bluestork

Whatever...thank you

I know you dont use beez as default, im tellling you to test with beez to see if is actually a VM issue or a template issue.

admiss

tried with beez
problem not solved

I have to remark, that if payment method is set to PayPal Express Checkout - SSC, almost everything works fine.
If I use this, redirection to PayPal website once is successful, once not.
It's annoying a bit, that nothing works as it should on MY SITE

alatak

Hello
QuotePayPal Express Checkout - SSC,
you are not using the PayPal EC from the core, you should contact the developer directly.

admiss

Hello Alatak,

I don't want to use PayPal EC.....we have discussed abaout it.
I just wanted to show "lindapowers", that with  PayPal EC the "Product detail" page appears correctly - contrary to the case, when I use Paypal (EC) as payment method (see product page.png)

Otherwise, I've downloaded it from here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104184.0