Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problems with PayPal in Version 2.0.26

Started by ZaubernLernen, December 16, 2013, 14:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Quote from: alatak on January 24, 2014, 10:32:21 AM
Hello

QuoteWe removed the secondary emails from paypal, set the main one the same as vm plugin and works perfectly in 2.026D
It should work also with the secondary emails.

We didnt try it tbh Valérie but since we dont need them anyway,

Regards

OnTrackMarketing

I am also getting this error and emails with errors after upgrading to vm 2.026d, furthermore the paypal payment shows pending in orders, however I receive the funds in paypal.

The client has removed the secondary email in paypal so now there is only one primary email.

When I look for the line to replace code as instructed by Alatak:

"Please change in the file plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal/helpers/paypal.php
line 667"

Code: [Select]
            if ($paypal_data['receiver_email']!=$this->merchant_email and $paypal_data['business']!=$this->merchant_email) {

with

if ($paypal_data['receiver_email']!=$this->merchant_email ) {

the line does not exist in this file.

Any updates?

???

alatak

Hello
In 2.0.26d  have changed it to             
if (strcasecmp($paypal_data['receiver_email'],$this->merchant_email)!=0 ) {

because you can send to paypal an email with a mix of lower and uppercase, but Paypal always returns a email in lower case.

Can you turn on the log in the payment configuration, and check the IPN received.
There are 2 parameters   [receiver_email] and [business] . Which one is the email used in your VM paypal configuration?

DeeEmm

I can confirm that in 2.0.26d the issue is still present.

I would like to enquire - is there any ETA on an update to fix this? It's been over a month since it was originally reported. Can't believe that a bug in your primary payment gateway is still unaddressed. It doesn't exude a lot of confidence in your product.

I really can't afford to sit by my computer 24 hours a day changing transaction status's so I'm losing sales because of this new 'feature'. To be quite frank that pisses me off greatly.

Would really like to see this fixed, and quickly

DM

alatak

Hello
Please give me this info
QuoteThere are 2 parameters   [receiver_email] and [business] . Which one is the email used in your VM paypal configuration?

and i will give you the fix

DeeEmm

Quote from: alatak on January 30, 2014, 14:40:11 PM
Hello
Please give me this info
QuoteThere are 2 parameters   [receiver_email] and [business] . Which one is the email used in your VM paypal configuration?

It is the business email.

I am grateful for the fix but why have you not released a bugfix release to deal with this?

PS having to type two captcha / checks every time I write a post is simply ridiculous. Again - it does nothing to garner confidence in your brand

lindapowers

Quote from: DeeEmm on January 30, 2014, 14:48:33 PM
Quote from: alatak on January 30, 2014, 14:40:11 PM
Hello
Please give me this info

It is the business email.

I am grateful for the fix but why have you not released a bugfix release to deal with this?

PS having to type two captcha / checks every time I write a post is simply ridiculous. Again - it does nothing to garner confidence in your brand

My dog is more polite than you.

If you had a bit of brain which you obviously dont have you would have maintaned the previous version until they solved the issues here, that is what we did, stayed in 2.024C and finally update to 2.026D and 0 issues for now.

brand? lol they are fixing all this stuff for free.

jjk

Quote from: DeeEmm on January 30, 2014, 14:48:33 PM

I assume that you are searching the forum without being logged in. If you log in first, you won't see the captcha.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

alatak

Hello

QuoteIt is the business email.
thank you for this info.

Replace this line
if (strcasecmp($paypal_data['receiver_email'],$this->merchant_email)!=0 ) {

with

if (strcasecmp($paypal_data['business'],$this->merchant_email)!=0 ) {

I will fix the code in the core, and this issue will be solved in the next release.

DeeEmm

Thank you Alatak, your help is much appreciated, I can confirm that the fix has worked.

@ jjk,  I am actually logged in but can still see the captcha. Interestingly the captcha also shows the same letters and asks the same question every time I post / navigate to a different page - Perhaps something is not quite right.

@Linda. WOW You could hurt someones feelings trolling like that. Be sure not to injure yourself on the keyboard.  ;)

Linda, I am curious; what does price have to do with quality?

alatak

Hello
Linda only asked you to be more polite. So cool down. No need to be aggressive.
This problems appears because we added an extra check in the IPN.
I only test with the sandbox, and i do not have this "primary email address" problem.
And it is not very well explained in the PayPal documentation.

jjk

Quote from: DeeEmm on January 30, 2014, 16:57:46 PM
@ jjk,  I am actually logged in but can still see the captcha.

I currently have no clue why this happens to you. I never see the captcha when I'm logged in. Maybe there is a security setting in the forum which requires a minimum number of posts before the captcha is removed, but I can't look it up because I don't have access to such settings.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

DeeEmm

Just expressed that I was a bit pissed off, which is neither impolite nor aggressive, nor were my posts of a personal nature.

Lindas post on the other hand was both personal and aggressive...

QuoteMy dog is more polite than you.

If you had a bit of brain which you obviously dont have...

If this is an acceptable way of asking someone to be more polite then I will eat my hat.

I think my response is quite reserved in the circumstances. It is also quite valid, if rhetorical.

DeeEmm

Quote from: jjk on January 30, 2014, 17:21:28 PM
Quote from: DeeEmm on January 30, 2014, 16:57:46 PM
@ jjk,  I am actually logged in but can still see the captcha.

I currently have no clue why this happens to you. I never see the captcha when I'm logged in. Maybe there is a security setting in the forum which requires a minimum number of posts before the captcha is removed, but I can't look it up because I don't have access to such settings.
Could be possible. Guess I will just have to live with it. Not that I post very often in here.

DeeEmm

Quote from: alatak on January 06, 2014, 09:01:15 AM
Because we were not checking the email address before. And it must be checked to make sure that the transaction was done on the correct PayPal account.

Sorry alatak, I disagree with this.

VM does not need to verify this information - transaction verification is carried out by PayPal. In truth VM cannot possibly know if it is the correct email for the vendors paypal account, there is no reliable way of testing. This check simply introduces additional unnecessary complexity, the end result of which is invariably an issue like this one.

Something to consider - If the email address is incorrect it will easily be picked up by the vendor when they initially test.

If you are really concerned whether the vendor has typed in the correct email address then simply add a second email field to the form and compare the two entries - much less overheads this way.

My 02c