News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problems with PayPal in Version 2.0.26

Started by ZaubernLernen, December 16, 2013, 14:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terjef

OK.

I just know that everything works great when i downgraded to 2.0.24c version.

I havent touched the PayPal Plugin before and i have just 1 mailadress in PayPal (still had the error report). Strange since i cant find the log file eighter.

If you want to take a look, you are welkome to look at my site, just need to take a backup before anything changes. mail me and i will make you an account to my site ;-)

Regards
Terje

ChewieAM

Quote from: alatak on January 06, 2014, 09:01:15 AM
Hello
QuoteI have 3 email addresses in my PayPal account and that was no problem in the past. Customer email addresses in lower or upper case was no problem in the past too.
Because we were not checking the email address before. And it must be checked to make sure that the transaction was done on the correct PayPal account.

QuoteI have the same problem!
Did you change the code in the PayPal plugin ?

My paypal email address is all lower case in PayPal and VM. Does it makes a difference if I am not using my primary PayPal email address in VM?
I can't influence if my customer types his email incorrect. But I don't think that's the case here. The payment comes into my paypal account.

No changes in PayPal plugin.

alatak

Hello

QuoteI can't influence if my customer types his email incorrect. But I don't think that's the case here. The payment comes into my paypal account.
the only email which is check is the one that you have in the payment configuration.

QuoteDoes it makes a difference if I am not using my primary PayPal email address in VM?
it should not with the version 2.0.26a
plz go in the order view in the administration, and at the bottom click on the "view transaction log"
check those 2 parameters:
business email and receiver_email
business email should be the primary paypal address, and receiver_email the one you configured in your VirtueMart
Is it correct?

RobertL

2.0.26a - Same issue here. Payments are received into account, payment confirmation from PayPal is received by the shop, but payment confirmation is not sent by PayPal to the user and PayPal reports IPN error to following URL:
http://www.sitename.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginnotification&tmpl=component&lang=

Another thing, when refunding a payment, that notification is received fine by both the shop and by the user.

I have 3 emails on PayPal account, same as last 5 years, regular clients and my own tests all produce this issue, and were not present before VM 2.0.26 (updated last week)

It cannot have anything to do with upper/lower case or with multiple email addresses on PayPal account as it was not an issue before as far as PayPal or users are to blame. It must be something in the plugin itself (and only line found is the one already reported which doesn't match the suggestion). I noticed that code is actually

if (strcasecmp($paypal_data['receiver_email'],$this->merchant_email)!=0 ) {

strcasecmp is case sensitive string comparison, I have no idea, but if anything, that might be the issue?!? I tried replacing with this but no difference

if ($paypal_data['receiver_email']!=$this->merchant_email )

alatak

Hello
Quote2.0.26a - Same issue here. Payments are received into account, payment confirmation from PayPal is received by the shop, but payment confirmation is not sent by PayPal to the user and PayPal reports IPN error to following URL:

please have a look if this is your problem:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121339.msg414146#msg414146

ChewieAM

plz go in the order view in the administration, and at the bottom click on the "view transaction log"
check those 2 parameters:
business email and receiver_email
business email should be the primary paypal address, and receiver_email the one you configured in your VirtueMart
Is it correct?

I can't find the button "view transaction log" in the order view.

RobertL

please have a look if this is your problem:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121339.msg414146#msg414146

Hi Alatak,

thanks for the suggestion, but sadly that's not it. The invoices are getting generated and order status from pending to confirmed are working correctly (oddly enough, when refund is done, they're not changed to refunded as configured).
As for Invoicing itself, I use Artio's VM Invoice which worked perfectly fine too until update to VM2.0.26a (from 2.0.20b), it still works, but I can no longer create manual orders, getting Internal Server Error along with 404 which I reported
to Artio (404 could be related to PayPal's issue with IPN url). That's about the only correlation I can think of. No settings have been changed and it all worked before the update. Current incarnation of the site is from July last year and
previous was J1.5/VM1.1.x for about 4 years, same PayPal settings.

Robert

Edit: memory is 128M as it is. I could increase it if needed.

alatak

Hello

Quote(oddly enough, when refund is done, they're not changed to refunded as configured).
I have fixed this issue.
Please try the version 2.0.26b which is available here
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
and check if it solves your problem.

jcalvert

I am also having problems w/ PayPal, VM 2.0.26a.

Please see my posting here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101478.60

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks,
JC

dimi2013

Quote from: dimi2013 on January 21, 2014, 11:52:39 AM
I can't find the button "view transaction log" in the order view.
That's because it doesn't exist. I don't think it ever existed. Go to root/log/paypal.1.log.php and you'll find those parameters there

terjef

Hi.

2.0.26d version worked great for me. No problem with PayPal errors.

alatak

Hello
QuoteI can't find the button "view transaction log" in the order view.
This is a new link that I have added in the latest version of Paypal. Go at the bottom of your order, you should see it.

lindapowers

We removed the secondary emails from paypal, set the main one the same as vm plugin and works perfectly in 2.026D

alatak

Hello

QuoteWe removed the secondary emails from paypal, set the main one the same as vm plugin and works perfectly in 2.026D
It should work also with the secondary emails.