News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problems with PayPal in Version 2.0.26

Started by ZaubernLernen, December 16, 2013, 14:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZaubernLernen

Hello,

since I updated to 2.0.26 I receive error mails after a customer pays via paypal.

Since then VM dosen't send mail confirmation on orders that are payed by paypal to.

The error message reads like this.

Hello,

An error with your payment paypal on your store ZaubernLernen.info. The details are logged in the file paypal.2.log.php

The VirtueMart Team

The paypal.2.log.php contians this....

2013-12-16 12:54:35 ERROR IPN notification: wrong merchant_email: Array
(
    [paypal_data] => Array
        (
            [mc_gross] => 12.89
            [invoice] => b715060
            [protection_eligibility] => Eligible
            [address_status] => unconfirmed
            [payer_id] => C6TGGPEQS36H4
            [tax] => 0.00
            [address_street] => XXXXXX
            [payment_date] => 04:54:28 Dec 16, 2013 PST
            [payment_status] => Completed
            [charset] => windows-1252
            [address_zip] => xXXXXX
            [first_name] =>
            [mc_fee] => 0.59
            [address_country_code] => DE
            [address_name] => Markus XXXX
            [notify_version] => 3.7
            [custom] => bc1861fc1911bd8fd34e97e6890d28bf
            [payer_status] => verified
            [business] => XXXXXXX
            [address_country] => Germany
            [address_city] => XXXXX
            [quantity] => 1
            [verify_sign] => AUkau1FwogE3kL3qo1vGTARqlijQAIg4LFXEsO0YjuLfSg7-UHgZGuni
            [payer_email] => info@markusbender.de
            [txn_id] => 6ES16215W1943834N
            [payment_type] => instant
            [last_name] => XXXXXXX
            [address_state] =>
            [receiver_email] => info@zaubernlernen.info
            [payment_fee] =>
            [receiver_id] => B29URXQHGUPD2
            [txn_type] => web_accept
            [item_name] => Bestellnummer: b715060
            [mc_currency] => EUR
            [item_number] =>
            [residence_country] => DE
            [handling_amount] => 0.00
            [transaction_subject] => bc1861fc1911bd8fd34e97e6890d28bf
            [payment_gross] =>
            [shipping] => 0.00
            [ipn_track_id] => 3c945da29ce9e
        )

[merchant_email] => info@ZaubernLernen.info
)

The Merchant Email is defintily correct. We never changed it and since 2.0.26 it dosen't work anymore.

But the payment is done correctly. I receive the money.

Greetings
Markus

alatak

Hello

You probably have a primary, and a non primary address on your PayPal account

Please change in the file plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal/helpers/paypal.php
line 667
            if ($paypal_data['receiver_email']!=$this->merchant_email and $paypal_data['business']!=$this->merchant_email) {

with

Quoteif ($paypal_data['receiver_email']!=$this->merchant_email ) {

ZaubernLernen

Yes I had more then on mailadress in my paypal account but I had that also before the update.

I deleted the adresses from my paypal acccount and I have now only one. Do I still have to change the code ?

Regards
Markus

alatak

Hello
Not in that case.
We have added some extra security check for the IPN validation.

ZaubernLernen

If i delete the other mailadresseses the Problem is still there.

alatak

hello
the reason is paypal returns the email in lower case, and in the paypal payment method there are some uppercase.

lindapowers

Quote from: alatak on December 16, 2013, 14:32:37 PM
Hello

You probably have a primary, and a non primary address on your PayPal account

Please change in the file plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal/helpers/paypal.php
line 667
            if ($paypal_data['receiver_email']!=$this->merchant_email and $paypal_data['business']!=$this->merchant_email) {

with

Quoteif ($paypal_data['receiver_email']!=$this->merchant_email ) {

Hello I'm getting this same issue in VM 2.026a however I cant find those lines in the file you mention.

I'm getting an email each 5 minutes...

paypal.2.log.php where is located?

What you mean by 2 emails? in the config of the plugin we have just one set, in the paypal account maybe 2.

Orders remain pending due to this error.

The line I see there is:

if (strcasecmp($paypal_data['receiver_email'],$this->merchant_email)!=0 ) {

which I have tried replacing by:

if ($paypal_data['receiver_email']!=$this->merchant_email ) {

but has no effect.. I went back to 2.024 c for now.

Regards

alatak

Hello
Quotepaypal.2.log.php where is located?
the log file is located in your log folder, which is usually the /logs.

terjef

I have the same problem.

Get the error on mail. I have deleted my other user in PayPal, but still get the error. I get the money, but miss the order in mail because of this (i guess).

The only code i see is also this:

if (strcasecmp($paypal_data['receiver_email'],$this->merchant_email)!=0 ) {

Cant find any log files in my logs folder.

What do i have to do to fix this?

Regards
Terje

terjef

I have disabled the brute force stop extension. Can this be the problem?? http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/login-protection/22982

I tried with the PayPal in Sanbox mode, and it worked. Just hope it works when going til Production again, or is this different than Sandbox mode?

alatak, do you have any comments on this one?

jjk

Quote from: terjef on January 01, 2014, 01:07:56 AM
The paypal.log file should be located in the folder you have defined as a log folder in Joomla Site > Global Configuration > System Settings > Path to log folder.
If you are using the 'Standard' PayPal Product, you can also test the first half of the PayPal payment in 'Production' mode, if you buy something from your shop using PayPal and click on 'Cancel and return to ....' after you were redirected to the PayPal page. This way you can see if PayPal has received all required data. (I never tested the other PayPal products, but I suppose they display a 'Cancel' button, too)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

terjef

Hmmm. Its not there in log as set in configuration.

I have tested half way on production site and the order got registered in WM as vaiting, but since this dont send any notification it wont be enough to test with.

PayPal recieved the order and amount, so it recives the information from my site.

I have downgraded to 2.0.24c for now, waiting for a fix for this.

Terje

lindapowers

Quote from: terjef on January 01, 2014, 10:55:03 AM
I have disabled the brute force stop extension. Can this be the problem?? http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/login-protection/22982

I tried with the PayPal in Sanbox mode, and it worked. Just hope it works when going til Production again, or is this different than Sandbox mode?

alatak, do you have any comments on this one?

I'm not using that plugin and still have that same issue, for now I'm using 2.024C.

Quote from: jjk on January 01, 2014, 11:28:05 AM
Quote from: terjef on January 01, 2014, 01:07:56 AM
The paypal.log file should be located in the folder you have defined as a log folder in Joomla Site > Global Configuration > System Settings > Path to log folder.
If you are using the 'Standard' PayPal Product, you can also test the first half of the PayPal payment in 'Production' mode, if you buy something from your shop and click on 'Cancel and return to ....' after you were redirected to the PayPal page. This way you can see if PayPal has received all required data. (I never tested the other PayPal products, but I suppose they display a 'Cancel' button, too)

Thanks however I believe there is actually an issue with paypal in this version. We noticed we have 3 e-mails in the paypal account and all was processed correctly, maybe the plugin new settings doesnt like the fact that our main e-mail is different from the one set in the plugin configuration at VM2 or the fact that we have one main account and 2 secondary e-mails, something which had no negative effect till version 2.024C.

Ill wait for a future release since 2.026 and 2.026A have several issues which I don't consider worth "stable" versions and then ill check the configuration again,

If we need to use a unique e-mail in paypal account or something has been changed that requires modification in the configuration of Paypal please let us know,

Regards

ChewieAM

Hello,

I have the same problem!
I have 3 email addresses in my PayPal account and that was no problem in the past. Customer email addresses in lower or upper case was no problem in the past too.

joomla: 2.5.9
VM: 2.0.26a

alatak

Hello
QuoteI have 3 email addresses in my PayPal account and that was no problem in the past. Customer email addresses in lower or upper case was no problem in the past too.
Because we were not checking the email address before. And it must be checked to make sure that the transaction was done on the correct PayPal account.

QuoteI have the same problem!
Did you change the code in the PayPal plugin ?

QuoteI have disabled the brute force stop extension. Can this be the problem?? http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/login-protection/22982
This security extension does not change the data. You do not need to disable it.