News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Why are thumbnails not showing in Featured or Latest Products?

Started by isurfedthere, December 13, 2013, 22:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isurfedthere

I'm assuming this is a setting in the GUI of the back end, but for the life of me I can't find where. See here for example:

http://hotrodgaragesale.com/

jenkinhill

Well, apart from the div at position:absolute; left:-2023px; top:-2244px  with all those spam links to custard and other meds (which you have previously been told about), you obviously have other template issues. Suggest you use a different Joomla template.

Images are not configurable in VM modules, so should always display.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

isurfedthere

Quote from: isurfedthere on December 13, 2013, 22:34:09 PM
I'm assuming this is a setting in the GUI of the back end, but for the life of me I can't find where. See here for example:

http://hotrodgaragesale.com/

OK just thinking out loud here I think this may be what happened. Before adding any products to the system, I first uploaded all of my image files into 'images/stories/virtuemart/product/'. However I did not upload any thumbnails into 'images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/'. These are the default paths that are set in the Configuration tab on the back end.

I then bulk imported all of the items using the CSVI tool, however I did not include the thumbnail path in the import data. I have since tried to upload new images choosing "Replace thumb" in the image upload options, but the replacing doesn't occur (it gives an error message) and the thumbnails still don't show.

Any ideas?

isurfedthere

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 13, 2013, 23:29:48 PM
Well, apart from the div at position:absolute; left:-2023px; top:-2244px  with all those spam links to custard and other meds (which you have previously been told about), you obviously have other template issues. Suggest you use a different Joomla template.

Oh that's just great... I thought we had eliminated that. By the way, this code was not in the original template, which is from a reputable vendor. We can't change the template at this point, we need to find where the code is coming from. We had a hack on another site on our host, and apparently it has infected this site as well.

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 13, 2013, 23:29:48 PM
Images are not configurable in VM modules, so should always display.

When you say "not configurable", you mean their presence is always guaranteed as long as there is an image file at the correct path?

isurfedthere

Ok, figured it out. My template is assigning the class 'modal' to all Featured Products and Latest Products thumbnails (though not individual products' thumbnails). This is why I had the issue outlined in this post:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120776.msg412131#msg412131

The way I temporarily got rid of that issue was to assign the 'display:none' property to the 'modal' class, hence my current issue.