Change order status of multiple orders - Batch process pls

Started by lindapowers, December 13, 2013, 12:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi

In our daily job of managing orders we spend quite a lot of time updating the order status.. one by one. You have a button at the top right to update the order status of multiple orders but you still have to click manually one by one selecting the status which is a real pain.

I don't know how much time will this cost to create but I've seen it in CCVAOM and in Artio Invoice and it will make managing orders much more easy.

We never post requests which we don't consider worth core features or in benefit of all shop admins but pls consider this cause having to update manually each order is a nightmare, we manage hundreds of daily orders, can't image how shops with thousands deal with it.

VM 2.024C

Regards

AH

Yes I too was surprised when the function did not update all the selected orders!

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

Yeah, I mean are we the only shop admins updating orders one by one?

Can't understand how big shops deal with this.

That function would save shop admins hours of work let's hope they consider it or someone with knowledge creates a function for it ;)

Regards

AH

We were getting overrun with admin tasks in old vm1.1

So we created our own functions outside of Joomla and VM to use the data from our shipping software (CSV file) to set the shipped status for orders/order-history/order-items
Using direct SQL updates to the database tables.

We also grabbed consignment ref codes and some other data and added this as a note to the order history entry for easy reference should we get a customer query.

Doing it this way does not allow the notification email to the customer, but the shipping software does that anyhow.

I saw the hack for vm1.1 and that looked interesting I am not sure how easy it would be to add my stuff as a function to VM

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

The amount of time we loose due to the lack of this function is incredible, having to click one by one in 200 orders really makes no sense, any hack or code is more than welcome, I still have faith in the VM team considering such a basic feature.

This is the pure example that they don't run a VM shop cause I cant believe they click one by one in their orders to mark them as shipped.

Regards

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

I was hoping they included something for 2.5.2 but after testing is not there, have not tested 2.1 yet...

Can't add nothing more to the post, this will save hours seriously.

lindapowers

Quote from: Hutson on February 19, 2014, 23:01:21 PM
Maybe (as per all other things) it will be in 2.1

Sadly this doesn't seem included in VM3

We still waste so much precious time clicking one by one in the orders to change status, frustrating.

Is even better now that CCVAOM is dead and we have to do it manually :o

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tanolalano

arancebio.it - Organic red Oranges from Sicily

lindapowers

Almost 2 years passed and still waiting tanolalano....