News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom fields: only first is selected

Started by mmx, December 11, 2013, 01:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmx

After posting this problem to other section I decided to report it here hoping it there is a bug somewhere that you guys can fix! :D

Here we go:

I created a few custom fields categories with their values representing the sizes of some t-shirts and added some products..

Then I tried to add some more options directly to the database following the pattern "value 1; value 2; value 3" etc..

My problem is that when I go to the VM admin panel all the products I added their sizes directly to the database have only selected the "value 1".

So if a t-shirt should have 3 sizes.. I get 3 times "value 1".. but if I select the sizes inside the VM menu then it saves them correctly.

(The reason I need to add the sizes directly to the database because I want to add products massively instead one by one..)

I run:
Joomla 2.5.11
VM  2.0.24

balai

Why did you do that from the database? You have bypassed the normal procedure and possibly used wrong fields

You can use VM directly or an extension for doing a massive insertion with csv files, like csvi

mmx

I gave CSVI free a go..

I just can't get it to work.. All the tutorials are for previous versions which look really different than the version 5..

The only export I can make gives me a csv file which is about 4kb.. which contains only the table/field names of the database..

Even the documentation from csvi website shows techniques that are not applicable to version 5.. For example they say to create a template.. but there is no such an option to csvi 5..

The only youtube I found on youtube is in Russian.. and the guy even changes the language of the plugin..

If you can suggest anything I would appreciate it..

Thanks!

EDIT: I found out something so I 'll give it a try.. I will update soon! Thanks!