[SOLVED] Customers groups stop working from 2.0.22c to 2.0.24c

Started by guidocx842, November 29, 2013, 15:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guidocx842

Hi everybody,
    I've found a big problem in customers group and I replicated it in two different website: one is a Joomla 2.5.14 with Virtuemart 2.0.22c and the other one is a Joomla 2.5.16 with Virtuemart 2.0.24c (the latest one).
    I'll write here the steps that you have to follow to replicate it.

• Register and activate a new user
    • Then go to YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user and select the new user that you create
    • From customer group field, remove -default- group and select a different group that you created (i.e. "Resellers"). Then press "Save and Exit" button.
    • Verify from the summary table of "Customers" page that, for your new user, the customer group that you selected is no more "-default-" but "Resellers"
    • Keep opened this administration page and go to login in frontend page
    • After the login you'll see informations about the new user and you'll see "Customer group: -default"
    • Now come back to Customers admin page that you keep opened and press F5. Surprise! The customer that you set to "Resellers" now is another time "-default"!!!!

Can you try to replicate this bug on your systems and let me know? For me is a really big problem because I defined a price for "-default" group and a price for "Resellers" group in my product's configuration. Now, also if my user is a reseller, when he login to the system, he see standard prices!! And all my rules defined for "Resellers" group don't work!!  :( :( :( :( :(
    Please, help me to solve this problem. Thanks!!

guidocx842

Sorry,
does anybody replicate the issue?
I think it's a really big problem.
May you give me some information about your tests?
Thanks a lot!  ;)

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

guidocx842

Hi Milbo! Thank you for your reply!
You're right! I've installed a 3rd party plugin and, if I disable it, the problem disappear.
Thank you very much and sorry for this post.
I'll remove the "[BUG]" diciture.
Next time I've a problem like this, I'll try to replicate the problem on a standard and clean Joomla + Virtuemart installation.
Sorry.
Regards.  ;)

Milbo

nice to hear, which 3rd party makes the problem? Maybe it can be changed.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

guidocx842

Hi Milbo,
it's a BIT Change Shopper Group for Virtuemart issue.
I'm speaking with plugin developer that is working to solve the issue as soon as possible.
I'll keep you updated.
Thanks. Regards.