[SOLVED in 2.0.25e]Sort by fields problem with product name in VM.2.0.24b

Started by MarioP, November 21, 2013, 21:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelming

MarioP

Hello.
The problem came back in VM 2.0.25d test version. Or maybe that's why this is only the test version the problem occurs?
I've tried to replace the original file to that from this post
QuotePlease try the attached product model, copy to /administrator/.../com_virtuemart/models
But the problem still exists :(
So ( in VM FE) we change from default sort by 'product name' to 'product price' a then we choose again sort by 'product price" in order to gain descending order. Descending order works but in that moment sort by 'product price' appears as default in 'sort by' field - it's something wrong... Then when we choose sort by 'product name' the feature doesn't work.
The problem doesn't occur in 2.0.24c with the patch file implemented.

Milbo

Quote from: MarioP on December 05, 2013, 20:59:55 PM
So ( in VM FE) we change from default sort by 'product name' to 'product price'
You changed the default ordering in the FE? interesting, I am not aware of this. Fun aside, I think you mean that you just changed your ordering in the FE to product_price. and with "default" you mean that it is set on first position of the list? If you click again on it, it does not reorder?

a then we choose again sort by 'product price" in order to gain descending order. Descending order works but in that moment sort by 'product price' appears as default in 'sort by' field
Yes, that is correct.

- it's something wrong... Then when we choose sort by 'product name' the feature doesn't work.
The problem doesn't occur in 2.0.24c with the patch file implemented.
What is wrong? So you say you click in the list on product_name, but nothing happens? or what means the feature does not work? do you use SEF or not?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

QuoteSo ( in VM FE) we change from default sort by 'product name' to 'product price'
By default I mean  that it is set on the first position of the list ( is set as default in VM BE)
Quotea then we choose again sort by 'product price" in order to gain descending order. Descending order works but in that moment sort by 'product price' appears as default in 'sort by' field
Sorry, it should be: we choose again sort by 'product price" in order to gain descending order. Descending order works but in that moment sort by 'PRODUCT NAME' appears as default in 'sort by' field.
QuoteThen when we choose sort by 'product name' the feature doesn't work.
I have the following url: www.mydoamin.com/en/product-catalogue-en/passive-speaker-systems?language=en-GB
Ordering seems to be random.
I use SEF.

Milbo

I found it small error in the router. There will be a new version today, just for you to test

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

Thanks. Quick test with the patch file and it seems to work properly.