News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED in 2.0.25e]Sort by fields problem with product name in VM.2.0.24b

Started by MarioP, November 21, 2013, 21:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioP

Hi,
VM BE 'default product sort order' settings: Product name: ascending
Available Sort-by fields : Product Name and  Product Price

In the VM front end category view defualt sort by Product name works fine (when it's show up as a default I can change the ascending and descending ordering and it works as it should). When I change to Product Price it also works, but when I try to come back to (I choose the option) sort by Product name, the feature doesn't work.
So when I sort by price the url is following
'my product category name'/by,product_price?language=en-GB&filter_product=
When I go to sort by name
'my product category name'?language=en-GB&filter_product=
Joomla 2.5.16
Please help.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

Updated to C and similar problem with the ordering :-[. When we try to come back to sort by 'product name' the feature becomes default, it shows up in the field 'sort by' but it still doesn't work. The url is following
'category_name'?language=en-GB&filter_product=
when you again click on 'product name' we have:
'category_name'/orderDesc?language=en-GB&filter_product=
Should not be something like this 'by,p.product_name' in the url?

michelming

Quote from: MarioP on November 21, 2013, 21:41:50 PM
Hi,
VM BE 'default product sort order' settings: Product name: ascending
Available Sort-by fields : Product Name and  Product Price

In the VM front end category view defualt sort by Product name works fine (when it's show up as a default I can change the ascending and descending ordering and it works as it should). When I change to Product Price it also works, but when I try to come back to (I choose the option) sort by Product name, the feature doesn't work.
So when I sort by price the url is following
'my product category name'/by,product_price?language=en-GB&filter_product=
When I go to sort by name
'my product category name'?language=en-GB&filter_product=
Joomla 2.5.16
Please help.

After testing, I have the same problem

MarioP

Has the problem been recognized as solved after C version released?  michelming did you try the new version? Did it solve your problem? For me it doesn't work.
QuoteWhen we try to come back to sort by 'product name' the feature becomes default, it shows up in the field 'sort by' but it still doesn't work. The url is following

Milbo

Did you store your vm config? I had to recheck the product name, then it worked.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

Yes, I stored it as you wrote in VM live update information "Just go in the vm config to the ordering settings, choose product name and store it one time". Ok, probably I managed to discover what is wrong. So when 'Default product sort order' is set to product name the feature still doesn't work. When I change it to 'Creation date' for example it works as it should. Could you please check it?

michelming

Quote from: MarioP on November 24, 2013, 17:19:35 PM
Has the problem been recognized as solved after C version released?  michelming did you try the new version? Did it solve your problem? For me it doesn't work.
QuoteWhen we try to come back to sort by 'product name' the feature becomes default, it shows up in the field 'sort by' but it still doesn't work. The url is following

Yes, I have upgraded to 24c, I repeatedly set a different default sort, but they are not working correctly in FE

Milbo

This is a new C version. ONLY for UPDATERS!

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/659/com_virtuemart.2.0.24c.Updater.tar.gz

I had to change the model and the router again. sry. Please test.

- if the default ordering is used,
- if the default  ordering direction is used

in case of default, there shouldnt be any options in the URL, they should be only shown if you are not using standard.

Check also if the search is still working for you.
At best without SEF, with SEF and one time with URL rewrite.

Thank you

MarioP

Quote- if the default ordering is used,
- if the default  ordering direction is used
It's ok for me. Default ordering and it's directions work properly.
QuoteCheck also if the search is still working for you.
without SEF - ok, with SEF -ok  and one time with URL rewrite- ok.
Quotein case of default, there shouldnt be any options in the URL, they should be only shown if you are not using standard.
That's right.
Sorry if I unnecessarily repeat this (maybe the new C file is only preparation for new release) but for me the problem hasn't gone. When we, ( in VM FE) after change to one of available 'sort by fields' ( 'product price' e.g.), try to come back to the DEFAULT sort by 'product name' the feature doesn't work - it seems that the ordering is random. The url is following

michelming

Yes, the problem still exists.
Now I return to 24c.
But I tried, I chose Available Sort-by fields as 'product name', 'product price' and 'ordering', and Default product sort order Choose 'Product id' in BE, you can work in FE

Milbo

Thank you MarioP for pointing that out and explaining.

Please try the attached product model, copy to /administrator/.../com_virtuemart/models

[attachment cleanup by admin]

michelming

Thank you Milbo

Now do not update to the new C version, just replace the attached product model, sorting tested, correct

MarioP

Milbo

in fact you should update AND use the new model, But we do a D no :-( grmblfix. You wont believe it, but the ordering was tested by different users. But testing all possibilities is not easy and to understand the small differences.
Also the reason I wrote down what to test, because the simple "it does not work" means just for me,.. "oh,... seems there is some case you miss, but which one", the last post of MarioP explained me the last problem.