News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

virtumart Jtext showing on live pages

Started by volution, November 20, 2013, 20:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volution

This was working fine, then I was transferring the site and then all the JText started showing instead of the linked text.
See attached.

Can anyone tell me if it is a database problem or code problem.

5.4.22 php

Joomla! 2.5.8

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Check that language files are installed - this can sometimes be resolved by reinstalling VirtueMart over the original. Maybe you need English(US) - for language packs see http://virtuemart.net/community/translations/virtuemart

I see that your Joomla version is old and is known to have critical security issues, so updating is recommended. You don't state which VM version you have but be aware that versions before 2.0.22c also have known security issues. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

volution

Sorry, virtuemart version 2.0.8e.

Thank you for your prompt reply

I really don't want to muddy the waters further by updating joomla because it was working fine up until a couple of days ago when I attempted to move it.

I'll reinstall the language again. So you don't think that it is having some problem accessing the JText itself? Like maybe directory path? I am unclear where the script that accesses JTEXT so I can check that.

jenkinhill

The issue with using those old versions is that they are insecure, and sites using versions of VM and Joomla earlier than current have been hacked, but of course, that is your choice. Your VM version is well over a year old now.

Not sure how language files worked in that J/VM version as I only ever test & work with current, but merely moving a site (using Akeeba backup?) should not cause issues unless their is a server problem.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum