Main Menu

Add to cart problem VM 2.0.24

Started by christoscologne, November 20, 2013, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christoscologne

VM 2.0.24
Joomla! 2.5.9

Hi,
I have a problem with the cart. The problem is, that when I add s.th. into the cart, the product goes directly to the cart. But when I refresh the page or try to move to the checkout, the product disappear again.
I'm using also the Ajax Dock Cart from Offlajn, but I also tested it with the standard cart given by my Puremart theme I use.
The issue started, when I updated my VM version from 2.0.22c to 2.0.24, which I'm in use of right now. Before everything was running perfect. There was nothing else I changed after the update.

I've read a lot in the forum about similar issues (JQuery, etc.), but there seems to be no solution.

Guys I really need some help. I'm trying to start up, but with this kind of issues the whole shop system makes no sense.
Please provide me some help as soon as possible..

The site is currently offline, but if there is anybody who could take a look, I will give you immediately the URL and will set it online for you.
Just give me a sign and after a minute the site will be online.

EDIT: Please note, that this issue not happens every time. Some time it works. But most of time not. It makes no changes if I clear cache, or cookies, etc. So if it will work for you in the first time it just may be by chance.

Thanks in advance!

Milbo

What happens with version 2.0.24b?
which php versoin do you use? why is joomla still on 2.5.9, update immediatly to the latest joomla. Does it work sometimes with the same product and then suddenly not, or do you use different products. Maybe there is some char in the description making trouble.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

christoscologne

Hi Milbo!

I use PHP version 5.3.18.
To be honest, I don't updated the Joomla version, because I'm afraid of having troubles. With VM or any 3rd Party VM extensions or what else.
The same is for the VM updates. Everytime I update the VM version I have lots of problems and issues. Directly with VM or with other extensions.
I spended so much time in finding solutions. But this time I have no idea....

Regarding the product question:
No, unfortunately it happens by chance. Independently of which product I test.
You can have a look by yourself. I set the site online now.

www.strampler-shopping.de
Try any product, maybe test some socks or what else.

Thank you, Milbo!

Milbo

The reason you get in trouble due updating is that you are doing it half hearted.

Always update all your extensions in one row. Update always joomla. Your joomla can be hacked within 30 seconds. Then update VM the core AND the AIO, then check if there are new updates for VM. Or maybe a new version of the template.

We had people updating from vm1.1.4 without any programming knowledge, just shopowners, they did it within one hour. We had people updating from vm1.9.8 to vm2.0.24 without big hazzle.

Really update your joomla. All extensions are always checked and developed on the latest joomla version and usually also for the latest virtuemart version.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

christoscologne

Ok, you're right
I will follow your advice and will update everything.

But do you think will solve my issue? Did you take a look?

Edit: Maybe it is because of JQuery or session, etc. Any idea?

christoscologne

Any news?
Can I take the site off again?

christoscologne

Hi,

I updated now the Joomla version to 2.5.16 and the VM version to 2.0.24b and also the AIO and Plugins.
I have the same issues as before. It made no change... The cart is empty...

I need help, please! Milbo? anybody else?

Milbo

Template issue? We know it works very well since years. So it must be your template or some 3rd party extension. Maybe you have an add to cart button in the category view?

christoscologne

I will try to ask the developers of my Puremart theme, too, if they have any ideas.

Edit: The same happens with other templates and on the category view there are no add to cart buttons.