News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

New user; " not able to register, verification code not found "

Started by ruuddekorte, November 20, 2013, 16:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruuddekorte

Hi,

I get this problem when a user wants to register himself, thats possible, he (or she) even gets a nice email.

In the email, the wel known line, klik here to activate your registration

however, after klicking the link the user is send to the website and there an error is displayed. Since i registered a french (test) user i got the error in french : 'Enregistrement impossible : Code de vérification non trouvé'. The english equivalent would be something like 'not able to register, verification code not found '. See picture attached, part 1 acknowledged, all ok, part 2 after click the rejection.

Did i do something wrong ? have i forgotten something ???

Using VirtuMart 2.0.24 and Joomla! 2.5.16  on Linux server, PHP 5.4.21 MySQL mysqli, Hosted with 1and1

Started out with basic Joomla instal including basic modelpages, set up for multilingual use with english, french, german and dutch. Then installed VM2.

Have seen some references to similar problem (mostly VM1.x), but not any with coherent resolutions (at least to me, since i can be called a newby in thhe terrain of joomla and virtuemart). Some of the solutions suggested a change in permission settings, I have not changed any permissionssettings, i have left them all at their default state.

Found some VM2 related posts, but no answers attached to them, so i posted this question as a new thread
- problem user registration joomla / virtuemart    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119433.0
- On checkout, ask for registration problem     http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=117342.0

Any answers please ?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

kristobal1969

I would be interested in a solution if you found one.
I upgraded form vm2.22e to vm2.26 after upgrading joomla 2.5.14 to 2.5.16 I am up to date.
Hope you solve your problem and can help me (and others).

PRO

ruuddekorte

nope, out of the box fresh install of joomla and virtuemart.

Have not made any changes to permissions or anything concerning the users & groups structure(s).

for the moment roundabout in place by not allowing registration, users can access directly to salescart and payment module

if you wanna take a look, the site name is www.les-tresors-de-laguiole.com (or if you prefer www.les-tresors-de-laguiole.fr)

jkrabbenbos

As I have this message with some users, but not all users: what would be the settings for creating the user accounts inside VM2 and Joomla? Or is this described somewhere in the wiki?
Regards,
Jan

----------------------
Joomla 2.5.16
VM 2.0.24c (2.0.26 on the development site)

PRO

Quote from: ruuddekorte on December 16, 2013, 17:54:27 PM
nope, out of the box fresh install of joomla and virtuemart.

Have not made any changes to permissions or anything concerning the users & groups structure(s).

for the moment roundabout in place by not allowing registration, users can access directly to salescart and payment module

if you wanna take a look, the site name is www.les-tresors-de-laguiole.com (or if you prefer www.les-tresors-de-laguiole.fr)

are their descrepencies between vmart setup? and joomla user configuration?

what do you have BOTH of them set to?

tarichecco

Hi,

have you resolved "New User" problem?
I've your same configuration Joomla 2.5.16, VM 2.0.24  and when a new user follow the mail activation link get the Error:"Verification code not found."

Anyone resolved the problem?!

PRO

cornelius123

Try
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   ^yourdomain\.com [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yourdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.yourdomain\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yourdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]
in your htacces to force www

tarichecco

I understand where is the problem:

If I use Joomla registration (2.5.17)  index.php?option=com_users&view=registration&lang=it all works fine
If I use Virtuemart registration (2.0.26a) index.php?option=com_users&view=registration&lang=it I get error!

The problem is in registration process, (administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\users.php row 636) Virtuemart doesn't set lastvisitDate field in table _users to null!
So when user follow activation mail link, Joomla search in table _users a row with the activation token and lastvisitDate=null and doesn't find anything responding COM_USERS_ACTIVATION_TOKEN_NOT_FOUND="Verification code not found."

At the moment I resolved this problem using Joomla registration for new user.

jiraya

Hi all,
to solve the problem,
go to :

/components/com_users/models

find an modify this short code (the query) in registration.php :

public function activate($token)
{
$config = JFactory::getConfig();
$userParams = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_users');
$db = $this->getDbo();

// Get the user id based on the token.
/*$db->setQuery(
'SELECT '.$db->quoteName('id').' FROM '.$db->quoteName('#__users') .
' WHERE '.$db->quoteName('activation').' = '.$db->Quote($token) .
' AND '.$db->quoteName('block').' = 1' .
' AND '.$db->quoteName('lastvisitDate').' = '.$db->Quote($db->getNullDate())
);*/
        $db->setQuery(
            'SELECT '.$db->quoteName('id').' FROM '.$db->quoteName('#__users') .
            ' WHERE '.$db->quoteName('activation').' = '.$db->Quote($token) .
            ' AND '.$db->quoteName('block').' = 1'
        );
$userId = (int) $db->loadResult();

and try to click an other time on the link received by email

this should work, bur it's not a long time issue, and will be crashed when you upgrade your vm version