News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

With Stockable varients undefined message in add to cart popup VM 2.0.24a

Started by sergio0187, November 17, 2013, 15:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergio0187

My stockable varients were working fine.

When I upgrade to VM 2.0.24a this has changed.
Somehow I now get the udefined message in my add to cart popup.

I created a sample product

http://www.kingscreations.nl/alpaca/jupgrade/activiteiten/bergsport/testsergio-detail

No stock on parent product, only price.
childs are sizes and have stock.

Hope somebody has a solution, thanks in advance.
Sergio Wong Chung
Rex Media | Brings All Media in one place | Webdesign | photography | Film | Graphic design | E-learning | Marketing

sergio0187

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

I have done the following:

- switch to default Beez template
- disasble all third party plugins

Issue remains.
Sergio Wong Chung
Rex Media | Brings All Media in one place | Webdesign | photography | Film | Graphic design | E-learning | Marketing

sergio0187

Now I have tested Stockable varients in a fresh VM install.

When option "Show 'notify me' when no stock" is enabled the add to cart won't work, only when there is stock on parent. And when there is stock on parent you can add more products to cart than there is in stock.

So child products with stock with stock controll is not an option anymore.

Hope anyone else works with stock and has a solution?

Thanks in advance.
Sergio Wong Chung

OpenGlobal

Hi Sergio0187,

Could I take a look at your system. I'd like to investigate the "undefined" message but I can't replicate it. Do you have Akeeba Backup installed? If not could you install it and give me backend access so that I can take a copy and test it on our local system.

I don't understand what you mean with the "Notify me" problem. When you switch on notify me, if there is no stock, you are not meant to be able to add the product to your cart. Instead you should have the option to be notified when it is back in stock.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

tryituy

Hi I'm having the same issue. Any luck with this? I'm running Joomla 2.5.16 and VM 2.0.24c

I created a product (shirt) which has child products (shirts colors)
The shirt has price and no stock. The child shirts have price and stock.

Case:
Child products with stock and parent product without stock:
If you order a child shirt you get an undefined message.

Child products with stock and parent product with more stock than the child products (eg. sum of child products stock):
The stock for the child products work, but you can also order more than the stock of the child product because the parent product has more stock than the child product.
Eg.
Shirt stock = 10
Black shirt = 6
White shirt = 4
You can order 10 white shirts if you want

Child products with stock and parent product with same stock as one of the child products:
Eg.
Shirt stock = 6
Black shirt = 6
White shirt = 4
You can order 6 black shirts if you want but then you can't order the 4 white shirts because the parent product ran out of stock.

I need to control the stock for the child products. Any ideas?

Many Thanks!!

OpenGlobal

Hi,

Can you PM me your login details. Do you have Akeeba Backup installed. It may be easiest if I take a backup and investigate on a local test machine.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

tryituy

Hey, this is a client site, so i would rather not gave login details.

Don't have akeeba backup. I can do a backup and send it to u if u want.

U think akeeba would do a difference in this case?

Thanks in advance!

OpenGlobal

Akeeba is the easiest way to backup and restore the site.

OpenGlobal E-commerce