VM manual ordering of categories stopped to work after update to 2.0.24a.

Started by MarioP, November 15, 2013, 16:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitpan

It is supposed to work with this configuration.
Did you empty your cache?

Milbo

damn, I found a new error, check your vmmodel.php in BE/helpers

around line 155 replace the function with the corrected one

function removevalidOrderingFieldName($name){
$key=array_search($name, $this->_validOrderingFieldName);
if($key!==false){
unset($this->_validOrderingFieldName[$key]) ;
}
}
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

teucg

Thank you !
This issue seems to be completely resolved in virtuemart 2.0.26 http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/452-virtuemart-2-0-26-includes-paypal-express-checkout-paypal-pro-and-paypal-pro-hosted

It is a beautiful sight.

I really appreciate all the hard work that is put into virtuemart and it is still my favorite Joomla shopping system.
Though lately I had to use an other system for Joomla 3.2 unfortunately.
Awaiting the release of a Virtuemart compatible with Joomla 3.2

Milbo

I am sorry to say, but imagine there is a problem with a store on j3 and a court is asking me if the webagency did the standard to prevent damages. then I would say that the webagency did by far not the best to protect their customer, because they used a version which is only supported for 6 months as basic for an ecommerce system. Be aware after the 6 months the version is obsolete. Most webshops need a year to reach the regular business.

That is the real reason. We started with j3 and it is full of flaws. We had to replace JText, JInput, checkToken and so on. A lot stuff which was running on j3.1 is not running on j3.2 anylonger. In our case it is not simple to create a version running on j2.5 and j3.x.
For an ecommerce system we need long term supported, secure, stable and reliable systems. We hope of course that j3.5 will have this attributes, but all STR of joomla do not by definition.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MKI-Miro

I found next problem

1 level categories order is OK
2 level is always sorting alphabeticaly VM 2.0.27 and Joomla 2.5.18

Milbo

bulesz

Yes, same here, the second or so (sublevel) level of categories are displayed in ABC order in the VM category module instead of the manual order.. :(

studiofaber

bdimov

Hi,

I use VM2 2.0.27 and have the same problem with ordering categories in category view.

I change order from categories in VM2 administration(attach file) but there is no change in shop.

Anyone have idea about this problem?

Milbo

Quote from: bulesz on April 10, 2014, 19:14:05 PM
Yes, same here, the second or so (sublevel) level of categories are displayed in ABC order in the VM category module instead of the manual order.. :(

I think I need some skype session to believe that. I fear we need also different sample data.

EkimGram

Quote from: studiofaber on April 25, 2014, 11:49:14 AM
Is this fixed in VM 2.6? I have the exact same problem here  :(

I just updated a client's website to 2.6 on Joomla 2.5.19 and they are having this problem so it seems not.

Is there anything that can be done?

RedJohn

it can be fix in mod_virtuemart_category.php

change

$categories = $categoryModel->getChildCategoryList($vendorId, $category_id);
to
$categories = $categoryModel->getChildCategoryList($vendorId, $category_id,'c.ordering');

and

$category->childs = $categoryModel->getChildCategoryList($vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id) ;
to
$category->childs = $categoryModel->getChildCategoryList($vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id,'c.ordering');

djugut

Hello.
I have a  same problem  with order of the categories.  I guess ordering depends on manual settings saved in VM backend ->Product categories, but the categories are displaying alphabetized. I try the attachment but it not work
Please help! :)
Joomla! 2.5.8
VM. 2.6.6

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Madde

There seems to still be some kind of problem on the product ordering.

My client wants the products to be sorted as Product Order, but now and then the system goes to the alphabetical ordering. We never know when this will happen.

Joomla 2.5.19
VM 2.6.0

Also the Display Stock Level now and then decides to "show" although we don't want it to show...

Is there a way to make the configuration remain as we want it?