VM manual ordering of categories stopped to work after update to 2.0.24a.

Started by MarioP, November 15, 2013, 16:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinapav

I have applied the patch but but all my categories order is reset to 0 and I have alot of categories/subcategories and products. Is there a fix to this or do I have to reorder everything again as I have thousands of products. Thanks

MarioP

Same here :( After the patch implementation save order function stopped to work (VM backend). We have "new orderding saved" but there's no effect...

Milbo

No, you do not have to reorder everything. the Patch was just not correct. I think I just found it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ne0beatsm0rp98

how did you fix this as I have had the same issue, patch kind of helped but when I click on any categories it doesn't save the ordering.

www.repairsupplierliverpool.com
http://www.computerwormsliverpool.com
PC Laptop & Console Repairs & Sales

david64

Quote from: inu2005 on November 18, 2013, 01:44:38 AM
QuotePlease use this attachment,
the structure is like your joomla, just extract it directly into your root folder. It should overwrite the config and category model and parts of the config view.

I used the attachment and my manual order of the categories is back (no longer alphabetical which occured after the 2.0.24a update). However, I can now not change the order of the categories in the backend. Arrows and numbering are no longer working.... It used to be fine.
and
Quote from: MarioP on November 18, 2013, 08:29:48 AM
Same here :( After the patch implementation save order function stopped to work (VM backend). We have "new orderding saved" but there's no effect...

I am still having the same problems.
I am using Vituemart version 2.0.24a  , Joomla Version: Joomla! 2.5.16 and PHP Version 5.3.26

henk de kip

Have the same problem since I up-dated yesterday. My site is still not on-line. Can you fix the problem, so I don't have to look for other ways to fix the category ordering?

Wibah

I can confirm the same issue.

Manual sortorder works again, but i can't change the sortorder. Please fix :)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Setko

After updating to 2.0.24b, i get this:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\category.php on line 121

simbus82

Quote from: Setko on November 19, 2013, 16:50:48 PM
After updating to 2.0.24b, i get this:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\category.php on line 121

And i cannot link a menu to "categories list" in Joomla: blank page!
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

Milbo

Here is an FAQ written about it http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120413.msg410322#msg410322

You must also update your AIO!

In case you have some overrides, follow this small guide to update the layout overrides. Even non programmers should be able to do it with concentration and care.

please search for JFactory::getCache and delete this line.
Search also for
$cache->call( array( 'VirtueMartModelCategory', 'getChildCategoryList' ),$vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id );
and replace it by
VmModel::getModel('category')->getChildCategoryList($vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id );
Be aware it can be also $child instead of $category. the part behind getChildCategoryList stays the same. This change enhances in some stores drastically the speed.

So this $categories = $cache->call( array( 'VirtueMartModelCategory', 'getChildCategoryList' ),$vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id );

is now $categories= VmModel::getModel('category')->getChildCategoryList($vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id );

sometimes it is written that way $childs = $cache->call( array( 'VirtueMartModelCategory', 'getChildCategoryList' ),$virtuemart_vendor_id,$child->virtuemart_category_id

Then use of course the other parameters.
$childs = VmModel::getModel('category')->getChildCategoryList($virtuemart_vendor_id, $child->virtuemart_category_id );
But the pattern is always the same.

Attention:
You never have to edit the core files. The error comes due category MODULES ! The only thing we did is to change the call in the mod_virtuemart_category.php. the layouts should still work. The problem is that people copied the whole module to create their own and that is creating the problem. So if someone has a layout override for the virtuemart module, there is no problem. I did not expect that soo many people just copied the vm module instead just to provide another layout.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Pitpan

No 2.0.24b does not solve the problem!!!
Categories can not moved at all!!!

Milbo

You should go in the vmconfig and store your desired ordering one time.

Pitpan

Can you please be more specific?
Do you mean Virtuemart>Configuration>Configuration ?
Where can i do that?

simbus82

Quote from: Milbo on November 19, 2013, 18:45:57 PM
You must also update your AIO!

In case you have some overrides, follow this small guide to update the code. Even non programmers should be able to do it with concentration and care.

So this $categories = $cache->call( array( 'VirtueMartModelCategory', 'getChildCategoryList' ),$vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id );

is now $categories= VmModel::getModel('category')->getChildCategoryList($vendorId, $category->virtuemart_category_id );

sometimes it is written that way $childs = $cache->call( array( 'VirtueMartModelCategory', 'getChildCategoryList' ),$virtuemart_vendor_id,$child->virtuemart_category_id

Then use of course the other parameters.
$childs = VmModel::getModel('category')->getChildCategoryList($virtuemart_vendor_id, $child->virtuemart_category_id );
But the pattern is always the same.

+1! Thanks!
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b