VM manual ordering of categories stopped to work after update to 2.0.24a.

Started by MarioP, November 15, 2013, 16:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioP

Hello.
I have a problem with VM home page and categories layout. More specifically with order of the categories. In VM 2.0.24 they were displaying as they should be ( I guess ordering depends on manual settings saved in VM backend ->Product categories) Now the categories are displaying alphabetized...Is there any option to change this?
Did manual ordering stop to work? Please help!
Joomla! 2.5.16
VM. 2.0.24a

Maybe someone could indicate me the files which can affect the categories sort order...I'll try to replace it with those from VM 2.0.24...

Milbo

I added this to the live update information. Just go to your vm configuration and set the default ordering of your categories/products
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

Sorry, but I don't understand..
QuoteJust go to your vm configuration and set the default ordering of your categories/products
Here we can only set ascending or descending sorting, but how about the manual sorting?

wicko

In the 'configuration' page and 'product ordering setting' tab I have tried to set the 'default category sort order' to 'Ordering'. But this is still leaving my categories in Alphabetical order. The Ascending and Descending works but the ordering drop down has no effect.
Designing and maintaining Joomla websites since 2007

MarioP

I can confirm what wico wrote. There's a bug. We have no results if we set the ''Deafult category order' to 'odering'. Categories layout still remains in alphabetized order.

antonino78

Milbo

Please use this attachment,
the structure is like your joomla, just extract it directly into your root folder. It should overwrite the config and category model and parts of the config view.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

wicko

Designing and maintaining Joomla websites since 2007

BaidareW

Great to get quick response.

It is strange how many times we had sorting problems in VM 2.x

Milbo

The problem arised, because I cache the function now. Another problem was that I had to change the ordering for products again. Just because some of the ordering fields did not work with SEF and ULR rewriting. Without rewriting it worked, hmpf. The combination of this leaded to that, imho.

Farshad88

Quote from: Milbo on November 16, 2013, 17:33:49 PM
Please use this attachment,
the structure is like your joomla, just extract it directly into your root folder. It should overwrite the config and category model and parts of the config view.

Not work for the Cyrillic alphabet. :(

Milbo

This is a mysql database probem then. Check your database please and what is not working? ordering or names?

Farshad88

After upgrade to 2.0.24a categories are sorted only in alphabetical name [Cyrillic alphabet]. I try your patch but nothing has changed. I change the order but when I open site I see categories are sorted only in alphabetical name.

inu2005

QuotePlease use this attachment,

I used the attachment and my manual order of the categories is back (no longer alphabetical which occured after the 2.0.24a update). However, I can now not change the order of the categories in the backend. Arrows and numbering are no longer working.... It used to be fine.