News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Using child products as custom fields in other products

Started by bunglehaze, November 08, 2013, 15:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

Hey guys, I need to implement a way to use existing child products from another category as custom fields in a specific product for the purposes of building an offer but can't see if this is easily done. If not I would be interested to hear of workarounds to do what I need - it needs to adhere to the stock control I have in place for the rest of the site.

Essentially, I sell about 80 flavours of e-liquids which naturally are all listed in their respective categories. I also sell e-cig kits, also in their respective categories. Finally I sell accessories in their own category.

I want to offer a product that is a kit, made up of an e-cig kit and an accessory with 3 e-liquids in the kit made up from stock, the customer nheeds to be able to select liquid option 1 (with the strength) option 2 and option 3 from the entire range I have in stock.

I cannot see how to do this other than having to setup the same products again just for the kit, rather than just linking the exiting ones

PolishedGeek

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

maxispin

Thanks ! I have been wondering if there is one of these bundling tools (what Prestashop has in core)
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

bunglehaze

Thanks Deb, I had looked at that but I am loathe to buy yet more third party software without trying it first to ensure it works and I have not seen any option to test backends with Product Builder