News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Rounding price custom fields problem after update to Joomla 2.5.16

Started by Lockerbie, November 07, 2013, 15:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jurajvt

Quote from: postkat on November 13, 2013, 22:44:59 PM
I have the same problem.
Virtuemart 2.0.24 and Joomla  2.5.16
I need to add eco tax for a French webshop but € 0,12 is rounded to € 0.
To be shure i tested it with € 0,90 and this is rounded to € 1
Really  looks like this problem is a bug in Virtuemart.

Please, read this thread more carefully. It is not rounding problem, but just cutted description, values are not affected. Check your custom rounding in configuration of Virtuemart, there must be your problem.

postkat

Quote from: jurajvt on November 14, 2013, 00:07:24 AM
Quote from: postkat on November 13, 2013, 22:44:59 PM
I have the same problem.
Virtuemart 2.0.24 and Joomla  2.5.16
I need to add eco tax for a French webshop but € 0,12 is rounded to € 0.
To be shure i tested it with € 0,90 and this is rounded to € 1
Really  looks like this problem is a bug in Virtuemart.

Please, read this thread more carefully. It is not rounding problem, but just cutted description, values are not affected. Check your custom rounding in configuration of Virtuemart, there must be your problem.

If it is not a rounding problem then why is 90 cents converted to 1 euro? And only in the custom fields not the product prices.

jurajvt

Maybe you have rounding problem somewhere. But in this case - in this thread we have solved other problem, which is caused by sanitizing code added in core method.

If you had reverted back to 2.5.14, or you had tried to do clean installation, problem is still same?

I have not tried if it is this value, but you can check rounding digits on Baseprice modificator in Virtuemart/Configuration/Pricing

servlet

Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GuidoS

Well, in my shop the problem isn't solved. I am using stockable variants with options like Size 6,5 and Size 7,5 but virtuemart is still showing 6 and 7. What do I have to do to solve this?

GuidoS

No fix in 24b. Isn't there any one else with the same problem? Can't use , in the custom fields after updating to joomla 2.5.16 and the latest version of Virtuemart. Could some one tell me where to look to solve this? Can't select the right sizes of my gloves at this moment.

Margriet

It's not exactly the problem mentionned, but I unfortunately can confirm this. Did a quick test by adding those fields in a Joomla 2.5.16 / VM 2.0.24b and no comma's. Replaced methods.php with the one from 2.5.14 and comma's where there.
Difference is that with this one it also affects backend view.

So yes, it is related to methods.php I suppose.

GuidoS

Thank you for confirming the problem. Hope there will be a fix soon.

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

Margriet

What do you mean by that? Downgrade? No use as methods.php from Joomla 2.5.16 is causing this! Only temporary solution is to use methods.php from Joomla 2.5.14.

jurajvt

Quote from: Margriet on November 24, 2013, 17:17:27 PM
What do you mean by that? Downgrade? No use as methods.php from Joomla 2.5.16 is causing this! Only temporary solution is to use methods.php from Joomla 2.5.14.

I think, that it was typo. He meant 2.0.24c - newest version...

Margriet

Think so, but no change unfortunately.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jurajvt

Quote from: Margriet on November 24, 2013, 17:46:09 PM
Think so, but no change unfortunately.

I have not tested this problem in newest versions, I am only checking accepting of this one problem http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120203.0

New VM versions have their own class vmText which is replacing Joomla JText (methods.php) and their own method _ in this class, which is replacing JText::_ method used in custom fields output. So here cannot be problem.

I can try it for you, but please, help me too, look on my problem described in link above, if I am right...