News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Related items plugin?

Started by cpacan, October 23, 2013, 13:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpacan

Hi,
I'm new to Virtuemart and may still need a complete overview of what is possible and which extensions have already been developed, so please bear with me if this question is just "duh.."

I'm creating an online shop with model cars and spare parts. I use the related products feature included to present suggestions that fit with the product in the basket (the one in the bottom of the product view and in the confirmation popup). What I further wanna do is to have a link, maybe just beneath the "Add to basket" button, when clicked on, it should show a list of spare parts available to this specific car, so that customers easily can get an overview of relevant spare spare parts. So I need to be able to create a relation between connected products.

Would there be a plugin available for this?

I looked at related, which I think is a bit different, or maybe it can be done by tweaking this feature a bit? I also looked at parent/child feature which osn't the answer either.

I'm not a php-coder myself (more like a semi-tech-learning-by-doing-kind-of-guy). Thanks in advance.

cpacan

Or any other ways to accompæish what I want? Anyone?

maxispin

Sorry, I have no answer but your question is interesting!

Anyone else?
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

cpacan

Well, my conclusion is, that you have to be a coder to make Virtuemart meet your needs, either by customizing third party extensions or writing your own code. No answers in this forum, no answer to a buggy plugin I bought, and no answer to a pre-sales question regarding a third extension I could use. It seems to me, that VM isn't as widely supported as I thought, not even on paid extensions?

I'll just let this be a closing comment, since I can't wait any longer and will go with another cart. I don't know how to do it, but you may close the thread.

maxispin

VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9