News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Is it possible to choose shopper groups without a user logging in?

Started by johnnytron, November 03, 2013, 04:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnytron

Hi,
I have a client that is asking to set up their virtue mart store in a way I'm not sure how to achieve or even if it's possible. Hopefully someone here might have some ideas.

My clients store is based in New Zealand, and they sell product to New Zealand and Australia, but they need different prices & currencies to display to users in each country. For example a t-shirt in NZ cost $25 New Zealand dollars, the same t-shirt cost $30 Australian dollars.

I can set up shopper groups so that the correct price is shown once a user has logged in and provided their address information. But the client would rather have a select drop down box where the user could effectively choose their shopper group without having to login. Is that possible?

Perhaps there is a 3rd party plugin that might allow this?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated
Johnny

jenkinhill

If they are not registered/logged in then how would VM know which shopper to apply the shopper group to in the database?
Example shopper group select plugin: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-administration/24497
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

johnnytron

Thanks that's kind of on the right track. My ideal solution would be that the user could select their shopper group before they register/login with a simple drop down/select input field that would sit at the top of the website, in a similar way to how the currency converter plugin is often used.