News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

A simple checkout

Started by sohh, February 13, 2014, 21:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sohh

I`ve read lot of topics talking about a simple checkout method and that`s for me is essencial. The checkout is so confusing! And it`s one of the most important parts of the component, this could lead to sales loss.

Here`s what i`m trying to do, as i`m not a developer, i choose it to be the simplest as possible, so please help me:

I did the modification with firebug to show you, now rest do it in the source and override it.

1- The first page should only show the relation of the products, the costumer a lot of times go to the cart just to see the relation of products and total price:

DELETE:

LOGIN FIELDS-People don`t care to login right now

ADRESS/BILLING-Who said he`s going to buy??

PAYMENT METHOD AND SHIPPING

Some useless tables - I think! :o

The result:

Much simple and cleaner, don`t you think?

So at that moment the costumer is checking if the list of product is ok, and that`s when he`s going to buy it all and fill all needed info.

2 - After click on "Checkout now" - the user will login or fill the information. - no change needed:

3 - The next page is to choose the shipping method - no change needed:

4- Now is when it should show all info that i want to delete from the first step - because is when you confirm all data and you can change any of then:

My payment is outsourced to Pagseguro, it`s a similar paypal system famous in Brazil, so when the client confirm step 4, it will be redirect to Pagseguro - No change needed.

In a nut shell:

It`s kind of a stage checkout, but i made the changes needed to be much simple, i think!

My website: http://costureoff.com.br

1-See all products
2- Login or fill the info
3- Choose shipping method
"4"- "Choose payment system"- mine is automatic as is just one, so i skip this step
5- Confirm all info!
6 - Mine case it`s going to redirect you.

That`s my opinion, want to hear yours, and please, i would appreciated a lot if anyone help me.

EXTRA:

It would be really nice if there is a checkout progress at the top showing witch step you are. Any one has ever done that?