News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2: how to add fixed costs to product shopping cart page

Started by sfigattomambo, October 28, 2013, 16:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfigattomambo

Hi to all,
I'm trying to add some fixed costs to my VM2 product shopping cart page.
I have products that depending on manufacturers or materials could have some fixed costs, these costs must be added ONLY to the final price.

Example:
I want to buy 100 cotton shirts and the cost of each shirt is 1 (one) dollar. My final cost is 100 x 1 dollar = 100 dollars
At this final cost I have to add 30 dollars as "start of work" cost, a cost to apply to final cost and not to each single shirt.

I could I do this in VM2?

Thanks & regards
Giovanni

mowlman

hello sfigattomambo,
Not sure if I can help, but trying to get a little more information.

Is the $30 constant, meaning $30 for 100 shirts, but what about 10 shirts, still $30?

I've been looking into custom fields and cart variants, might be a way, not sure right now.

sfigattomambo

Hi mowlman,
many thanks for your reply.
I have two different type of costs:
- the first one related to quantity
--> from 1 to 100 shirts: 0.50$ additional cost for each shirt
--> from 101 to 200 shirts: 0.40$ additional cost for each shirt
--> from 201 to 300 shirts: 0.30$ additional cost for each shirt
--> and so on

- the second one is a fixed cost (for example: 30$ even if the shirts are 100 or 10)

Do you have any suggestion?
I created some custom fields as cart variant but I can't create exactly what I want.

Thanks & regards

jenkinhill

For a final fixed charge use a Tax/Calculation rule set to Price modifier before tax per bill, maths operation + with the value as the surcharge to be applied. This can be applied to single or multiple categories and/or manufacturer as required. Use multiple instances if required. The ectra charge will only be shown in the cart at checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sfigattomambo

Hi jenkinhill,
many thanks for your reply.
I added a new rule to the final bill amount and all goes well.

Regards
Giovanni