News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product discount for shopper group not working?

Started by ereallstaff, October 11, 2013, 17:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ereallstaff

Virtuemart 2.0.24
Joomla 2.5

Set -> Taxes -> -7% discount available for shopper group Gold Level

User --> assigned to group default and Gold Level

Logged in I see no discount on product page and on cart when added

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

ereallstaff

I have also tried with more templates ( beez as default , to avoid any problem with the ajax getJson request to update the price  )

Tax Affecting --> VAT ( I have created mine with 21% for italy )

mprices[product_discount_id][0] =  I have tried both with " apply generic rules " or " apply no rules"

All other fields left as default , an image attached

Gold Level Groups --> Enable shoppergroup specific price display   set to yes and published

Discount rule set to

Name                      Description                    Ordering   Type of Arithmetic Operation    Math Operation   Value   Currency   Product Categories   Manufacturer   Shopper Groups   Start Date   End Date   Countries   States   Published   Id
   7%-2013-10-12-    7% per i migliori clienti    0    DATax                                       -%                           7.0000    Euro                                                         Gold Level             2013-10-12    -Never-         Published    23

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

jenkinhill

Quote from: ereallstaff link=topic=119485.msg406518#msg406518 date=1381505620
User --> assigned to group default and Gold Level
/quote]

A user in two shopper groups? What happens with the user just in the Gold group?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ereallstaff

IF I put customer only in gold level group, I see no price at all

Also making the price available only for "gold Level " group I see nothing

I see prices at the end, only if the user belongs to -default- group  .

I have tried also disabling the discount assigned to Gold Level group

I have checked configuration and seems there is not any option related to this kind of problem

In frontend After loading the product detail page , system trigger this json request :

__host__/it/?option=com_virtuemart&nosef=1&view=productdetails&task=recalculate&virtuemart_product_id=3097&format=json&quantity=1&customPrice%5B0%5D%5B3%5D=192822&quantity%5B%5D=1&option=com_virtuemart&virtuemart_product_id%5B%5D=3097

And the response is all null, when I am logged with Golden user.   With -anonymous- or -default- user the price is shown correctly ( tried also with base beez template )

{"basePrice":null,"basePriceVariant":null,"basePriceWithTax":"59,49 \u20ac","discountedPriceWithoutTax":null,"priceBeforeTax":"49,17 \u20ac","salesPrice":"59,49 \u20ac","taxAmount":null,"salesPriceWithDiscount":null,"salesPriceTemp":"59,49 \u20ac","unitPrice":"","discountAmount":"","priceWithoutTax":"49,17 \u20ac","variantModification":null,"DBTax":"","Tax":"1,00 \u20ac","VatTax":"","DATax":"1,00 \u20ac"}

ereallstaff

Do you have maybe an update?

I think other users will need this feature too :((((

Milbo

I cannot reproduce the problem sorry.

You set the vat for the product, this cannot work then. Furthermore I see there a lot rules affecting your product. Seems there is some bigger misunderstanding of how the calculation rules work.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ereallstaff

Sorry but I not understand.

That means that product can be affected by VAT or discount only ? not both?

And how should I do to apply VAT to our customer ( necessary by law ) and give to a certain group of customer a discount that they can see once logged?

That was a normal task on VM1

ereallstaff

up please

how can assign a discount to a certain group when a simple tax is already set on price?

Milbo

When I look on your product edit screenshot, then I see there a lot of rules which affect the product, Every kind of skonto for example. So you misunderstood the rules system, I think. Or better said. I think you got the idea of the rules system, but misconfigured them.
Did you read already this?
http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/17-products-menu/30-taxes-and-calculation-rules.html
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ereallstaff

Thanks for your reply and overall thanks for your link.

I am not here to understand If I don't understand the Tax rules  /system or if I understood and misconfigured :D    I don't offend my self :D , so don't worry about that.

The tax to be applied to product seems a bit confusionary to me. What is the difference about " Tax on product " and " VAT tax on product" ? surely there is in terms of calculation, but without a clear explanation is difficult.

Anyway the task I need should be quite common .

Each product may have a discount for every customer ( to see original price and discounted price offered ) .

And I want to assign an additional discount to our best customers, ( let's say a customers belonging to golden group ) .

At the end I solved changing VAT as VAT tax on product, and the discount set as a " Margin Modificator " so probably in the discount cascade it's applied before VAT calculation and that way seems work.

Now the problem is letting understand this to JotCache, that inside product category show always the original price :D