News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2 or more taxes in the same order- none applied (average tax???

Started by lindapowers, October 11, 2013, 11:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hello

We are facing a problem.

In our shop customers can buy products at 4% or at 10% Tax. It works perfectly when you apply just one tax but with 2 or more taxes per product (VatTax) the system doesnt know which one to apply to the shipping and payment fee, therefore none get applied if you use "apply generic rules" (default rules)

Please see image to understand:

Shouldn't the system make like an average tax for the payment fee and the shipping? I think this is what Max told me it was done in Germany and is the same for Spain but for sure you can't have no tax applied for shipping and payment fee.

Regards

VM 2.024 joomla 2.5.14

lindapowers

Hello? Am I missing something here?

How do people configure multiple taxes with VM2?

No one is selling products which have different tax rate?

O_o

Milbo

There are different opinions and I think also it depends on your country.

When you have a vattax for food (like in your case and or in germany), then it could be that shipment is allowed to use the vattax for food. But in fact usually shipment is a service and therefore taxed as service. I think I should change it so that it takes then always the highest vattax. That is imho the most safe way.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote from: Milbo on October 15, 2013, 00:23:03 AM
There are different opinions and I think also it depends on your country.

When you have a vattax for food (like in your case and or in germany), then it could be that shipment is allowed to use the vattax for food. But in fact usually shipment is a service and therefore taxed as service. I think I should change it so that it takes then always the highest vattax. That is imho the most safe way.

The highest vattax is valid for us yes and probably safer for most countries.

In theory I think and average of both taxes is used but don't know if that is too complicated or not used in other countries so your option will be perfect.

Please don't forget about the payment fee also, tax must be applied there too, even if is the highest one.

Regards

lindapowers

Is there any planned fix for this in next version or any fix we could apply currently to be able to publish products with different Tax and that it gets applied in shipping and payment fee?

Regards

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Thanks, finally this was fixed by a mixed tax following the german law which is also the same for Spain.

Regards

Masterofspeed

@Milbo: do I read correct if this is fixed in the current version of VM? I am running 2.0.22a and in this version it is not available.
I have to use the highest tax rate (21%) if there are products in cart of both 6% and 21%.

Which is the latest version of VM? Can I update safe? Are there rules to do so on this forum or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

lindapowers

If I'm not wrong this will be added in version 2.024a which currently is not released yet.

We got a copy as we requested this feature and we were testing with Milbo that it was working fine however I have no clue about applying the highest tax rate, what we use is a mixed tag as Milbo commented. In our country we have 2 options, use the highest taxrate or a mixed tax of both taxes which is the ideal case, if not we are giving free tax to the State, don't know if you can apply that too for your country same as Spain and Germany.

You could also pay them a bit as we did to develop this feature further and if possible make this 2 options chooseable from the backend.

I'm still stoned that no one requested this earlier and better don't know how people apply 2 taxes in their invoices but since we don't want to end up in jail for not paying taxes ;D

Regards

Masterofspeed

Thanks for the information.

In my country the Netherlands its used to calculate the highest Tax, in my case 21%.

Indeed strange that nobody was asking for this feature, it's a common rule in some countries.

Can Milbo say something about it? Is the highest tax rate calculation integrated in the new VM version??

Milbo

If you want the highest tax, then just use the override. But maybe we should actually add a new option to the dropdown (generic highest, generic meridian)

Masterofspeed

I use a third party plugin by calculating the shipping costs.

Now the tax of shipping isn't calculating at all when having 2 different taxes in cart. It goed ok when add articles of just 6 or just 21%.
Any idea what that can be?

How can I use the VM override? Do I have to update to 2.0.24 for that?

Would be great to add these options into VM, because that's what usually is the case in the Netherlands.

Masterofspeed

I have just updated to VM 2.0.24a. Still NO tax on shipping when add different products with different taxes.

@Milbo: Can you please provide some code for the calculations php that solves my problem? I want the highest tax to be the rule, cause thats the legal way in Holland.

lindapowers

Quote from: Masterofspeed on November 17, 2013, 00:53:56 AM
I have just updated to VM 2.0.24a. Still NO tax on shipping when add different products with different taxes.

@Milbo: Can you please provide some code for the calculations php that solves my problem? I want the highest tax to be the rule, cause thats the legal way in Holland.

If you are the same guy posting in Reinhold's forum and using shipping by rules plugin note that VM defaullt shipping is prepared to handle a mix tag of both taxes so using "apply generic rules" should do that with the core plugin (we have not tested yet the new release of 2.024a) but Reinhold's plugin is still not updated with that feature. Therefore 3rd party shipping plugins must adapat to this change.

Regards

Milbo

Quote from: Masterofspeed on November 17, 2013, 00:53:56 AM

I doubt that. Man really, how often I read that we should simplify it, because it is the legal way.

The legal way is imho in whole europe the same, but they often just want to make it easier. To take the higher tax is easier to calculate and accepted, but not the perfect way.