News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2.0.20b and 2.0.24 order & confirmation emails not sending to anyone.

Started by DG, October 11, 2013, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DG

Using Joomla 2.5.14 - VM 2.0.24

VM 2.0.20b stopped sending order and confirmation emails to both the vendor and the customer a little while ago - though the orders are being stored in VM's backend.  The update to VM 2.0.24 hasn't resolved the problem. 

• I can send emails via the site's Joomla contact form and it is received by admin, with copy to sender working also.
  • I've tried both settings in Joomla's Global config, SMTP and PHP, but still no joy.
Other checkout config settings in VM 2.0.24 are:
  • Default Order Status to create an invoice: Pending and Confirmed (the invoice is created)
  • Default Order Status to send email to shopper: Confirmed, Cancelled, Refunded, Shipped (tool tip states 'you can choose multiple order  statuse')
  • Default Order Status to send email to vendor: Pending, Confirmed, Cancelled, Refunded. (tool tip states 'you can choose multiple order  statuse')

Does anyone have an answer to this problem at all?

DG

Quote from: DG on October 11, 2013, 10:12:04 AMOther checkout config settings in VM 2.0.24 are:
  • Default Order Status to create an invoice: Pending and Confirmed (the invoice is created)
  • Default Order Status to send email to shopper: Confirmed, Cancelled, Refunded, Shipped (tool tip states 'you can choose multiple order  statuse')
  • Default Order Status to send email to vendor: Pending, Confirmed, Cancelled, Refunded. (tool tip states 'you can choose multiple order  statuse')

I've read on another thread to change Default Order Status to send email to shopper and vendor to 'pending'.
In doing so, the shopper receives their email, though the vendor still does not.

Does anyone have an answer to this problem at all?

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

DG

Thanks :)  Yes, it does.  It has all been functioning well until recently (the last month or so).  This is a client's site.  I thought the update might resolve the problem.  I've read a couple of things that refer to the 'invoice' setting in VM config and that there may be a problem with the coding, but that may have been fixed with this last update. I've just changed the invoice setting to 'pending' and 'confirmed' and am waiting to hear back from the owner.  Fingers crossed.  I'll come back once I've heard anything.

jamo

Hi
I have just upgraded 2 clients and now both are unable to send emails via virtuemart!! Any ideas as to why, my settings are all there, but nothing is going out at all :(

If someone could have a look at this as its a pretty important part of the customer process

thanks in advance

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jooomlaaa

i have the same prob. (J!2.5.14 VM 2.0.24)
no email will send via vm
If i select shipping-status in order list and then safe, i will redirected to j!control center and stutus not changed
:-(
individuelle Projekte mit Joomla und VirtueMart

ereallstaff

You have to check many things:

Vendor can receive system mail address ( you can do also by user detail in JOomla user management )

In checkout settings take care that the order status is among the status to produce an email

Vendor has a correct email set
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

jooomlaaa

I have restore my project to version 2.0.20b and every thing works fine.
then i update to 2.0.24 again, now it works fine too.
individuelle Projekte mit Joomla und VirtueMart

zeisch

Hi
I experience the same problem.
Joomla! 2.5.14
Virtuemart 2.0.24

The problem occured with 2.0.22 as well then I tried to upgrade and hoped the problem got solved but it didn't.
I can't downgrade to 2.0.20. Is there another solution? Does anyone know why this is happening?

Regards,
Jonas

zeisch

YES!!!!!!!!!!

It just worked with the hint of DG:
Default Order Status to send email to shopper:
Default Order Status to send email to vendor:

Both of them the "pending" was missing.

I added it and it works!
But dear VM Team why did it happen that on an update this can be changed and is not communicated somewhere?
it took me at least 3 hours to figure out.
Regards, Jonas

ataman79

Ahhh Yes that's correct mail sending.

But it's awful now - we must call each client and apologize , that their orders are late .....

It's really bad that it was not documented on update.....

Milbo

Quote from: zeisch on November 01, 2013, 09:22:57 AM
But dear VM Team why did it happen that on an update this can be changed and is not communicated somewhere?
Regards, Jonas

Consider it as bug, the configuration should stay the same as before.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Zimuqürazia

Quote from: zeisch on November 01, 2013, 09:22:57 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!

It just worked with the hint of DG:
Default Order Status to send email to shopper:
Default Order Status to send email to vendor:

Both of them the "pending" was missing.

I added it and it works!
Regards, Jonas

Yes! That worked for me too! It took me 3 days to figure it out! This post was hard to find with Google. Checked e-mail logs with my webhoster and everything.

For others with the same problem, to be clear, go to Components > VirtueMart > Configuration > Configuration > Checkout...
Add "Pending" to "Default Order Status to send email to shopper" and "Default Order Status to send email to vendor".

Awefull bug. Thank you Zeisch and DG!

marcschuhmacher

Hi good to hear that is worked for you.

But I tried as suggested an it does not work for me. I recieve mail from Joomla on User registration, but unfortunately nothin from VM2 (order status, etc)

Also, I could not find a way to change the vendor email adress. It the order status alway send to the site administrator just like the registration mails????

thanks for help