News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[BUG] Terms of service popup stop working after upgrade to VM 2.0.24

Started by guidocx842, October 10, 2013, 11:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guidocx842

Hi everybody,
I don't know if anybody see this... but the popup that shows Terms of service in cart view stop working after 2.0.24 upgrade.
When I press the link I olny see a blank page with the email addresses of the vendor.
I don't have any override of /cart/default.php. I've noticed it on VM 2.0.24 + Joomla 2.5.14.
Can you confirm this bug?
Thanks a lot!  ;)

jenkinhill

Works fine for me in all my 2.0.24 stores and nobody else has mentioned this. Are you using SEF?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

guidocx842

Hi jenkinhill and thank you very much for your answer! ;)
Yes, I've SEF activated on all my sites.
I can give you a link of a production site that has this problem: http://www.tuscanyexcellence.co.uk/cart

guidocx842

Hello!
Does anybody replicate or solved this bug? Can you provide me a workaround?
I don't want to modify the /cart/default.php file manually inserting a specific link because I have multilanguage shop and I don't know how to check the language activated to use different <a> tag basing on language...
Thank you very much!  ;)

Milbo

We need to know your jquery settings. Do you use fancybox, yes no? and such things.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

jjk

Looks to me like a javascript conflict. On your product details page I can see this error:
TypeError: jQuery(...).fancybox is not a function

In the source code of the product details page there is:
<script src="/plugins/system/vmcloudzoom/js/jquery-1.6.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Does the problem go away if you turn of this zoom plugin?
You can also try if it makes a difference when you turn on/off the 'Use Fancybox ' in VM Configuration > Templates tab > Activate Css Styles & Javascripts section.

In your cart view there also is:

.../media/widgetkit/widgets/lightbox/js/lightbox.js?
.../media/widgetkit/widgets/spotlight/js/spotlight.js

where in standard VirtueMart the fancybox or facebox javascript would be loaded.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
[url="http://virtuemart.net/community/translations"]http://virtuemart.net/community/translations[/url]

guidocx842

Hi everybody and thank you for your answers!
Quote from: Milbo on October 22, 2013, 11:10:02 AM
We need to know your jquery settings. Do you use fancybox, yes no? and such things.
Hi Milbo! Where I can find jquery settings? In my website I don't use fancybox... I've installed Widgetkit that is a module that I use to show the mini-slideshow in home page.
Quote from: jjk on October 22, 2013, 13:19:02 PM
Looks to me like a javascript conflict. On your product details page I can see this error:
TypeError: jQuery(...).fancybox is not a function

In the source code of the product details page there is:
<script src="/plugins/system/vmcloudzoom/js/jquery-1.6.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Does the problem go away if you turn of this zoom plugin?
You can also try if it makes a difference when you turn on/off the 'Use Fancybox ' in VM Configuration > Templates tab > Activate Css Styles & Javascripts section.

In your cart view there also is:

where in standard VirtueMart the fancybox or facebox javascript would be loaded.
I jjk! Why do you think that the problem is in product detail page if the fancybox of Terms is in cart page?
I've tried to stop the zoom plugin but the problem remain.
I've tried to remove flag from "Use fancybox" Virtuemart configuration, but the problem remain.
I tried to remove flag "User Virtuemart Jquery libraries" and, if I click on the link of Terms and conditions, I'm redirected in home page.
Now I re-activate all of these things.
I'm not overriding /cart/default.php.

I don't know why there are

in my cart view because I use Widgetkit to show an image slider in home page and I publish it only in home page so, in cart page, I don't need this script... do you think that they could be the problem?

Thank you so much for your help!

guidocx842

I correct myself... I don't find

in my cart view... sorry...

jjk

Quote from: guidocx842 on October 22, 2013, 17:48:37 PM

Looking at your cart view with Firebug enabled, the screenshot attached below becomes visible. Maybe Youtheme uses a different version of Fancybox/jQuery than VirtueMart, which produces a conflict with VM 2.0.24. I don't know - it's just a guess.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
[url="http://virtuemart.net/community/translations"]http://virtuemart.net/community/translations[/url]

guidocx842

Hi jjk!
Thank you for your detailed answer!
I update widgetkit at the latest release but the problem remain (also if I see from Firebug that now the problem is different... can you confirm?)
I will show this topic to Yootheme staff to understand how we can solve this issue.
On their website Yootheme says that their product are fully compatible with Virtuemart so I think the best thing for everybody is understand if, at this moment, there is a compatibility problem between this two products.
Thank you very much!

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

CarlosC

I have the same problem. I am using a slider (Unite Revolution Slider) on my startpage in VM 2.0.24 joom 2.5.14. php 5.3.10-1 all overrides off. Firebug shows no errors or warnings. I see only my emailadress if I call the TOS. Tried to fix the js problem with jQuery Easy. Didn't work.
But now I have disabled the joomla content plugin at the shop configuration. Now the fancybox works fine. But now my Slider is not working anymore.
Maybe this will help someone to locate the problem.

Best regards Carlos

Next state:

After comparing a lot of files I could see that in my TOS is an email address. The  "Simple Javascript email Cloaker" in \libraries\joomla\html\html\email.php effects a conflict with the fancybox. If I delete the email-address in my TOS, its working fine. With email address it is not working.
Has someone an idea to fix this problem? Or where can I activate the facebox again?

guidocx842

Quote from: Milbo on October 23, 2013, 16:58:29 PM
They may write to me a pm to fix this issue.
Hi Milbo! They say me that the problem are the jquery script that I call from my template index.php (that it's not a yootheme template).
So I remove those scripts but the problem remains.

Quote from: CarlosC on October 23, 2013, 19:15:33 PM
I have the same problem. I am using a slider (Unite Revolution Slider) on my startpage in VM 2.0.24 joom 2.5.14. php 5.3.10-1 all overrides off. Firebug shows no errors or warnings. I see only my emailadress if I call the TOS. Tried to fix the js problem with jQuery Easy. Didn't work.
But now I have disabled the joomla content plugin at the shop configuration. Now the fancybox works fine. But now my Slider is not working anymore.
Maybe this will help someone to locate the problem.

Best regards Carlos

Next state:

After comparing a lot of files I could see that in my TOS is an email address. The  "Simple Javascript email Cloaker" in \libraries\joomla\html\html\email.php effects a conflict with the fancybox. If I delete the email-address in my TOS, its working fine. With email address it is not working.
Has someone an idea to fix this problem? Or where can I activate the facebox again?

OMG! I also have email addresses in my TOS! Tomorrow I will try to remove them! Thank you so much by now... I keep you updated!

guidocx842

Ok! CarlosC have find the partial solution! It works also for me! I remove all mailto: link in TOS page and now the popup works!  ;)

CarlosC

Thanks for your feedback guidocx842. The Problem seams to be the compatibility with the 'Simple Javascript email Cloaker'.  I have now insert the email-address as a picture.png.
But that es not a very comfortable way.
May be the developers find the bug and change it.

Best gegards Carlos