Cannot remove related products if title too long, X is not present

Started by capewellmj, October 02, 2013, 21:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capewellmj

Hello

So I have related products in the custom fields of my product pages. We have noticed a small problem. If the product title is too long the X that you can usually click to remove the product is no longer present so we cannot remove them.

I think this is a bug with the later versions as we used to be able to delete them without any problem.

I attach a screenshot to show what I mean. The product on the right has the red x button to remove the product. The product on the left has a long title and the red button doesn't show.

How can I remove the related products?

Thank you,

Martin
Using VM.2.0.24 Joomla! 2.5.14.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

capewellmj

We did a temporary workaround, we shrank the product title temporarily so we could delete the product and then saved it back to how it originally was.

It would be great if this bug could be fixed properly however.

Thank you,

Martin

jjk

If you use the Firefox browser and have the 'Firebug' plugin installed can use it to place the Firebug cursor over the button and select it to see and temporarily change a word in the code. It is in the file:
yourdomain/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/admin.styles.css.
Approximately at line 147 you may temporarily change

overflow: hidden;
to
overflow: visible;

Not a solution, but at least you can delete it again. Will report this to the developers.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

capewellmj

I tried doing what you said with firebug but I'm not great with that plugin, I think I need to watch a couple of tutorials. Shortening the titles though worked for now until the bug is fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Speakston

Hi I found an easy solution, go to the product you cannot remove from the related product item and shorten its name and save it so the delete icon appears.The go back to the item and rename it as it was before, hope this helps.