News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Sticking with old jQuery ?

Started by veeco, September 30, 2013, 18:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veeco

Hi Guys,
i just download the latest virtuemart () after almost 6 month not using it (i bit have afair with hikashop.. :D) ... i'm bit wondering is there any specific reason that VM2 still stick with jQuery 1.6.4 , it's an old version.. it even have conflict with bootstrap....

i'm thinking to change it to 1.8.1 .... will i break something ?

Thanks
Work On Doxa Web Developer Indonesia - http://doxadigital.com |

AH

Just try and see what happens

I have to run jquery 1.7.2 as I need some tab functionality provided by

jQuery Tools v1.2.7  and cloud-zoom and this falls over with the provided jquery.min.js

I just replaced the jquery.min.js in the components/com_virtuemart/assets/js

All seems to work, but of course, every time I upgrade I have to remember to do the replace again!

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

ISTR that fancybox does not work with jQ1.8 - but I have not tried it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

All the VM stuff that I have tested works with 1.7.2 including fancybox
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

One reason is very simple. I said, guys please someone do it and give me a patch. It should be well tested, because the main job is to test it. I got snippets, but not a full patch. The next version 2.1 is compatible to joomla 3 and so we have jquery already onboard.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

AH

Milbo

I agree that if someone wants to fully test all vm functionality with a newer jquery then they will have a big task ahead.

I will wait to see what joomla 3 and vm 2.1 offers

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0