News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

One Page Checkout for VirtueMart 4, VirtueMart 3 and VirtueMart 2 - Responsive

Started by Jumbo!, September 26, 2013, 13:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumbo!

IMPORTANT UPDATE - VIRTUEMART 3:

VirtueMart has recently introduced a new security check during checkout from VM 3.0.9.4. Due to this change we also had to update VP One Page Checkout plugin (Ver 3.1.3) as it uses standard VirtueMart cart helper.

We recommend all existing VM 3 users of the plugin to install the latest update in their sites before updating VirtueMart component above 3.0.9 to avoid any problem.

Alternatively if you are not in a position to update the plugin immediately then you can make the following changes in your site.

Open plugins/system/vponepagecheckout/cart/cartview.html.php

Find the following codes in line 919:

$this->cart->_dataValidated = true;

Replace above by:

$this->cart->_dataValidated = method_exists($this->cart, 'getCartHash') ? $this->cart->getCartHash() : true;

The above change will take care of the security checking change introduced since VM 3.0.9.4. However we always recommend that you update the complete plugin and remain updated with all latest changes in VirtueMart.

welrachid

Hi jumbo. Will your plugin show in Joomla backend that there is a new update?

Sendt fra min A0001 med Tapatalk

Best regards,
Wel

Jumbo!

Hi welrachid. No, at presently you will not see the update notification in your Joomla Admin. We have started implementing this in all our products and we will also implement it in the plugin soon.

piperpilot

Hi,

Will this OnePage Checkout work with the Park Beach Systems, Inc USPS plugin?

http://www.parkbeachsystems.com

Jumbo!

Yes, VP One Page Checkout is compatible to Park Beach USPS plugin.

Jumbo!

I am sorry but we can not confirm its compatibility with our products. This is a 3rd party commercial payment component and also do not have any live demo site. We also do not have any past experience with this component against which we can confirm the compatibility.

Jumbo!

VirtueMart 3.0.12 has been released yesterday. We would like to inform you that the latest version of VP One Page Checkout 3.1.3b is compatible to VirtueMart 3.0.12. We recommend all users to get this important security update as soon as possible.

juanki

Hello, i am using this extensiion in my virtuemart shop and have to say that it is fantastic.
But, i have to say that it is not a "One" but a "Two" page checkout. Could you please integrate the login and register code in the checkout page ( with billinfo, payment, shipping..) like other real one page extensions do?. I would renew my subscription if you can make this possible.
Thanks much
Canary islands electronics online shop
http://www.architoner.com

Jumbo!

It is always an One Page checkout system. The plugin keeps the address fields and other main checkout selection area in hidden state until the user confirm his status in the site i.e. guest or registered or want to register. The plugin loads rest of the checkout area through Ajax after the user confirms his/her checkout method without any page redirection.

This is done intentionally, mainly because of the the following two reasons.

• If the user is already registered then it must be having some billing address and/or shipping addresses saved in his account. Therefore if he/she fills the address fields and then decide to login to the site, the system will replace the inputs with the saved addresses creating confusion among the users.
  • You can have Shopper Group based - Product Prices, Shipping Methods, Payment Methods, Tax, Discount, Coupon Codes etc in your site. When an user signs-in to the site or registered to the site the applicable/available - Product Prices, Shipping Methods, Payment Methods, Tax, Discount, Coupon Codes etc get changed based on the shopper group. If you show the final order total, payment methods, shipment methods etc before the sign-in or registration then it will not show them the actual picture.

Our checkout plugin keeps the process understandable to the users and help the shop owners to retain customers avoiding unnecessary confusions.

jenkinhill

Many of my clients use this OPC and it works really well, the clients like the way it works, and there is no evidence of lost sales. Most of them only use a guest checkout in order to simplify the buying process as far as is possible.

@juanki if you don't like the way VPOPC works then you do not have to use it, as you say, there are other options.  If you wish to have changes made to the plugin then the place for discussion about this is https://www.virtueplanet.com/forum/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jumbo!

VP One Page Checkout

Latest Version: 3.2.0
Released On: 24 December 2015

Change Log:

• Added two new single screen or all in one checkout layouts.
  • Added new Händlerbund Compliant Layout option in the plugin settings.
  • Added ability to receive live updates through Joomla Update Installer.
  • This update is only applicable for VirtueMart 3 version of the plugin.

Live Demo

TurnTex

Virtueplanet One Page Checkout is a must have for a professional Virtuemart website.  I own a subscription to the other, most popular OPC but decided to not use it on the new revision to my website.  it is a good extension for sure but way more complicated than it needs to be.  VP OPC is EXTREMELY easy to set up and use and provides a very professional, easy to use experience for my customers.

Of course I can not make a post about a Virtueplanet extension without mentioning the ABSOLUTELY STELLAR support provided by the developer, Jumbo.  Answers to support questions are given lightening fast with with thorough accuracy.  I have been using Joomla! since v1.5 and have spent thousands of $$ on extensions over the years.  As a result, I have worked with a LOT of J! developers and can say that Jumbo is hands down the VERY BEST I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE TO WORK WITH!  Not only does he help with issues that are usually my own fault, by he never hesitates to help with small customization without asking to be paid.  I have personally had him volunteer to fix issues with OTHER DEVELOPER'S extensions when they refused to help.  It is very evident that Jumbo loves what he does and really appreciates his customers.  That is how I do business with my customers and find it refreshing to find a like minded businessman.  As far as I am concerned, as long as he continues to care for his customers as he currently does, I will be his customer for life.  As a matter of fact, as soon as my initial one year subscription runs out, I am going to purchase a lifetime subscription which is something I seldom do.

Keep up the great work, Jumbo!  Thank you for the superior products and the awesome support!

Jumbo!

Hi TurnTex,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's actually much more than a review. I am really glad that I could assist you.

Many thanks

Jumbo

OliviaH

I can show the base price per item, total tax and final price with tax.
How can I show the total price before tax?

base price | quantity | sub-total | tax | final price

Cheers
Dan