News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

terms of service message show show at the cart page

Started by rizecorp, September 25, 2013, 06:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackwabbit

Hello everyone.
I confirm, i've got the same problem, even if i disable all overrides.
As soon as i load the checkout page, i've got the "please accept our tos" message on top of the page. And when i apply my shipping/payment method, page reloads, and get this message twice on top of the page.
I agree with sohopros, this message should appear only if tos checkbox is unchecked while the final button is pressed. however, it appears as soon as i load cart page.

Our website works on joomla 2.5.16 and virtuemart 2.0.24.

christoscologne

Quote from: Blackwabbit on November 22, 2013, 14:12:42 PM
Hello everyone.
As soon as i load the checkout page, i've got the "please accept our tos" message on top of the page. And when i apply my shipping/payment method, page reloads, and get this message twice on top of the page.
I agree with sohopros, this message should appear only if tos checkbox is unchecked while the final button is pressed. however, it appears as soon as i load cart page.

I have the same problem. Joomla 2.5.16 and VM 2.0.24b. The TOS system message is showing up in cart page, which is to early. It has to be in end of the checkout process.
How can we disable it just for the cart page?

My site is currenty offline, because it is not ready and therefore not in public.

Is there anybody who found a solution for this. Please post it.

sohopros

I don't think anyone has found a solution yet and the moderators seem to have lost interest in this.  The only thing we have been able to do is to have the TOS box checked by default, which is not correct legally, but the only possible path to publishing the site.

Too bad, because it is a forgivable thing to have bugs in software and another thing entirely to ignore them.

jenkinhill

I have never seen that issue on any of my VM sites. So have never had to consider it as an issue, and I tried to recreate this tonight but with no success. A bug when present affects a large number of users, if not all, so when present we would see a lot of people reporting the same problem.

This is a peer support forum, where all VM users are invited to support other users. Moderators are here to ensure the forum runs smoothly wherever possible, not to answer all posts, and I would not expect any of them to comment on a problem if they have not themselves experienced (and maybe even solved) it. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

christoscologne

Hi Jenkinhill!

It's hard to figure out what can cause this issue and for customers it is confusing to read this message in the cart page, before they actually move to the checkout.
There are in this thread six people with the same issue.

If you was not able to recreate the issue, please just tell us in which files we should take a look and give us a direction/hint please .

How did you try to recreate the issue?

Blackwabbit

Hello Jenkinhill,

You can verify this error on the website we're working on :
http://www.louisetfils.fr/en/shop

This error occurs as much in french than in english:

As soon as you check the cart, a warning appears :
QuotePlease accept the terms of service to confirm
For the records, this is not the dedicaced message you were refering in your first post. This is the actual same message asking to check the TOS box.

Later on, if you forgot to check the TOS box, the message appears twice.
QuotePlease accept the terms of service to confirm
Please accept the terms of service to confirm

If you need further infos and/or access to the website, as for testing purpose, i'm your servitor.

EDIT : I've turned the website online for public use.

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: jenkinhill on October 06, 2013, 18:00:13 PM
Using the current version, VM2.0.24 on J2.4.14 with no overrides, the message before the "checkout now" button is " Click here to read terms of service and check the box to accept them" which is correct. Not the message that you describe, "Please accept the terms of service to confirm"
Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on November 22, 2013, 09:16:27 AM
Test on standard template and see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799
Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on October 03, 2013, 15:04:04 PM
So you need to correct those rows in components\com_virtuemart\helpers\cart.php
with vminfo and COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PLEASE_ACCEPT_TOS

I assume that solution seekers can't deal with their template designer AND can't comment mentioned rows in cart.php.

Interesting, why?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

Blackwabbit

QuoteUsing the current version, VM2.0.24 on J2.4.14 with no overrides, the message before the "checkout now" button is " Click here to read terms of service and check the box to accept them" which is correct. Not the message that you describe, "Please accept the terms of service to confirm"
QuoteTest on standard template and see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799

Quote from my own answers:
[...]
[...]
You can verify this error on the website we're working on :
http://www.louisetfils.fr/en/shop
[...]
For the records, this is not the dedicaced message you were refering in your first post. This is the actual same message asking to check the TOS box.

QuoteSo you need to correct those rows in components\com_virtuemart\helpers\cart.php
with vminfo and COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PLEASE_ACCEPT_TOS
Maybe we did'nt get that right... it seems that you suggest to completely remove this checkbox and its attached warning sentence? If so we simply can't afford to remove for legal purpose.

Also, COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PLEASE_ACCEPT_TOS is actually the variable we get problems with...

However, are we really only 5 virtuemart users to get this TOS message appear TWICE if TOS check box is unchecked when the confirmation button is clicked?

Thank you.

J3DI13

Hi there

I am having the exact same issue, My client is really annoyed by this and wants it gone and only to appear when/if the buyer hasnt ticked the T&C box.
Anyone had any luck?

I am running J2.5 and VM2.0.24c and don't have any overrides set.

Thanks

Blackwabbit

Hello J3DI13.
May you give a link to your website, s asked in the link moderators gave us?
It may help them to realise the issue -if this is actually one, and so help to start to fix it.

Milbo

I am sorry guys. I dont get it

I am here now http://louisetfils.fr/en/shop/cart.html, no message. Everything is fine. Hmmm. Strange.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Blackwabbit

Hello Milbo, and thank you for your implication in this issue.

To get the issue, you have to be connected. I noticed you haven't created any acount.
So i've made one for you to use at will:

id      : test3
pass : tester

However, please find below two screenshots of the problem :

Note : the issue is the same with or without overrides.
But however, the only overrides activated by the template is about hide&show shipping/payment methods.

J3DI13

Hi Blackwabbit

The sites shop is only accessible to admins as its not 100% complete. I would be more than willing to send a link and login details to any mod who would
like to view it though. I have had to use a system message plugin that forces the message to fade away 1 second later.

Thanks

CasperH

I can confirm I also have this problem, even with the correct settings.

For some reason the accept the TOS message pops up the first time a registered user comes upon the checkout page and every single time there after.

However, I am quite sure it is a change/configuration somewhere, as I have a backupped version from a month or so ago where it is not the case. However, finding the cause has proved difficult.