News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of prod...

Started by coxi, September 19, 2013, 18:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxi

Hi,
I just install VM 2.0.22d + Joomla 2.5.14 and server is PHP 5.3.

I have already use VM 2.0 to creat website. I think it is the 10th time I create a VM+Joomla website.

This morning, I entered about more than 40 items (SKU, price, name, picture, etc.) with no trouble.
This afternoon, suddenly, saving my work, VM said : "vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled"...
Admin is the only vendor, by default. No mod has been made during the afternoon.

One hour later, VM accept new items. One time. perhaps 2. Then said again "vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled".

I searched on the web. Find nothing.

Any idea ?
Regards. Alain

Edit : WTF... I know why, now. I use to clone items. So, when I clone, I just change the SKU, the name, I clean the alias and change the picture. I just find that cleaning the alias field cause the fail (in my title)... Normally, an empty alias field is replaced by accurate name of article with "-". Here, emptying field of a clone cause a fail... You can keep the old value, remove old one and give a new value, but you can't leave field empty... It will crash.... Grrrr... An afternoon lost in space...

Regards.
Alain

Milbo

This is really intersting.

So you are on the product list, you check a box of a product and then you click, clone, yes? Then the edit view of the clone is opened, I assume. I do not really understand how it can happen.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

coxi

Hi,
I reinstall all of website, including J2.5.14 and VM 2.0.22c.
All work fine... until thos morning.
I had to change name of products... 'coloris rouge/vert/bleu' rather than 'Cuir rouge/... A sac Elise poignée longue"....
I have 15 items in the category. So 15 names to change.
First one : OK.
Second one : "vmError....." -
Third one : ok
Fourth.... : "vmError"....

The issue seem to come from alias. I can't change the alias name... When I modify, the name, I erase the alias to force VM to create a new alias based on the new name... But unfortunatly, some of items refuse to modify alias.

So my solution, to make my website work : only modify article name, not the alias. who stay with bad value....

So it seem to come from access right to alias creation/mod table. ????

Any idea ?

Best regards. Alain

Milbo

Please update to 2.0.24, then I would like see this via skype screenshare or so and access to BE and mysql.

I cannot reproduce it on my installation.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

coxi

HUM....
Hard to replicate issues....
In fact, I start to modify products and all work fine... Sudenly, I have update issue. I can modify all the fields except alias. Giving a new value all blank the field is the same. But leave existing one, but modify all the other one run...
ANd if I come back two days later, probably It would work...
I just upgrade to 2.0.24. I will try to re-enter and modify items.
But I have now an other problem : I can't now modify Vendor picture. Their was no picture. I wanted to add one. But I have a blank error message : VM Error.
And these two lignes (before other ones) :
#0  vmTrace(vmError message empty) called at [/homez.333/futurnet/philippecomte.fr/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php:201]
#1  vmError(, ) called at [/homez.333/futurnet/philippecomte.fr/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php:647]

Any idea ?
Regards. Alain.

Milbo

Seems your vendor is not correctly set. Looks like you tried to store a user which does not exist?

AftabHussain

Hi, I have also same problem as COSI had,

I entered about more than 66 items (SKU, price, name, picture, etc.) with no trouble.
This afternoon, suddenly, saving my work, VM said : "vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled"...
Admin is the only vendor, by default. No mod has been made during the afternoon.

One hour later, VM accept new items. One time. perhaps 2. Then said again "vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled".

I searched on the web. Find nothing.

but I have to enter 22 more items.

Jörgen

Hello AftabHussain

Please look at this:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0

And If You don´t have upgraded to Joomla 3.6.4 do it immediately, Please use VM 3.0.18

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.