News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Mail Notifications - WTF.???? - SOLVED -

Started by Ohmy, November 25, 2013, 10:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohmy

Ok so this question has been asked and NOT YET answered.

What's up with VM2 mail notifications.?? Joomla 2.5.14  VM:  2.0.24b

I upgraded from VM1 - no issues upgraded to VM2 - and all kinds of problems.

I get the Joomla Contact Us messages no dramas at all - so it isn't a joomla core issue obviously if i am getting emails from the site Contact Page.

1) No  - ask a question notification via email getting sent from VM2, so who knows how many customers i have lost to unanswered questions.

2) No notifications to Vendor or Client when an order is a) pending  or b) confirmed or c) cancelled or d) successful transaction.

Have changed templates - NO SUCCESS
Have changed mail client from Sendmail to SMTP to PHP Mail - ALL NO SUCCESS

Clients are making orders, and going through the check out process but i have no idea when these orders are being made - a really annoyance if your waiting on our products to arrive if the admin knows nothing of them cause no notifications.

And whats with the new order numbers:  3dd20140

In VM1 it was Order Number 540   etc...

Why is it you developers see the need to tinker with stuff that doesnt need fixing>?? IF IT AINT BROKE DONT MESS WITH IT..!!

I am sure along with many others have the same issue and would like / need answers please.

Everyday these issues go unresolved it costs me money - time to keep checking when i needn't have too..!!

And the potential to lose many customers..!!!

lindapowers

luizwbr

http://virtuemartbrasil.com.br - Brazillian VirtueMart official Support Group
http://loja.weber.eti.br - Paid Plugins for Virtuemart Brasil
https://www.facebook.com/groups/virtuemartpro/ - Brazillian VirtueMart group on Facebook

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Ohmy

In actual fact there are several posts of this kind in the VM forums, all without success

HOWEVER - this solution was found and passed along to me and it works..!!!

So for all those frustrated with this issue here is the solution.

VM Developers.?? THANKS FOR NOTHING - Its your script and you can't give a solution.?? THATS WHY THE WTF.????

Here is the link:  http://www.interamind.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=78&id=26:paypal

And for those who don't want to follow the link:

File: paypal.php
file.png

Uploaded:

Problem description:

VirtueMart 2 does not send an order confirmation email when you checkout via PayPal. PayPal payment module in VirtueMart 2 sends only the "order status changed" email after PayPal notify (callback) that the payment was successful.
Solution:

If you want your system to send the order confirmation even when the order is "pending" and the payment was not done yet, you should modify the PayPal plugin file. It is a very simple change.

We suggest to make the following code changes in the following file:

/plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php

The new code should be added in a function named: plgVmConfirmedOrder

At the end of the function around line 284. You need to add the following code:

$modelOrder = VmModel::getModel ('orders');
$order['order_status'] = $this->getNewStatus ($method);
$order['customer_notified'] = 1;
$order['comments'] = '';
$modelOrder->updateStatusForOneOrder ($order['details']['BT']->virtuemart_order_id, $order, TRUE);

Moreover, you need to add this extra function:

function getNewStatus ($method) {
if (isset($method->status_pending) and $method->status_pending!="") {
return $method->status_pending;
} else {
return 'P';
}
}

That's it, you are all set :-)

Enjoy,

lindapowers

Quote from: Ohmy on November 30, 2013, 09:05:03 AM

If you want your system to send the order confirmation even when the order is "pending" and the payment was not done yet, you should modify the PayPal plugin file.

Enjoy,

No some of us dont want the nonsense pending emails filling our inbox mail or the customers mail, thats what you dont understand, that was probably one of the most annoying things of VM1 that im glad they changed.

Regards

AH

Agreed Lindapowers

Pending e-mails were a real pain in the neck in vm1.1, The new communicaiton configuration options based on your own chosen statuses is a big improvement
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

Ohmy, I dont know what you want. Just choose pending as option Done. No need to todo anything.

Quote from: Ohmy on November 30, 2013, 09:05:03 AM
In actual fact there are several posts of this kind in the VM forums, all without success

HOWEVER - this solution was found and passed along to me and it works..!!!

So for all those frustrated with this issue here is the solution.

VM Developers.?? THANKS FOR NOTHING - Its your script and you can't give a solution.?? THATS WHY THE WTF.????

What is wrong with you? Why you are that rude. Do we owe you anything? No, we do not owe you anything. You are using a software with 10 thousands of manhours in it and you want to thank for nothing? In fact if you are using VM you own the VM development team something. At least a thank you.

I think you should get a good hit by life to get down to earth. Really.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

hello
QuoteVM Developers.?? THANKS FOR NOTHING - Its your script and you can't give a solution.?? THATS WHY THE WTF.????

>:(

You really want to get help and that we solve your problem? 

alatak

Hello
So why do you need an email when an order is created?
To get informed that a customer clicked on the "checkout now" ?
The order is in the VirtueMart BE in the 'P' state, so you have that information that an order has been made, but not paid.

The "Pending transactions" status ($method->status_pending) is used for something else: the order in VirtueMart is set to this status, when the order has been received by the payment processor (in your example PayPal), but the payment has not yet been processed. It is a  transitional pending state due to the payment processor response. It is the reason why we created this new status called "Confirmed by Shopper" (the order has been confirmed by the shopper, but not by the payment processor).

One typical example for PayPal of a  payment that has not yet been processed is when the transaction is funded by an eCheque.

Your solution is not a good one.

I think you should try to solve your problem another way. For example via a system plugin  or a cron job, that checks each 10 minutes if there is any order in a 'P' state, and sends an email to the vendor in that case.