News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Want One Custom field Filter Based On The Another Field

Started by cpundit, September 11, 2013, 12:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpundit

Hi,

In My Product there are two Custom Fields Named "Shelf Length" and "Wall Mount Kit".
In "Shelf Length" There are many options like 2 Foot,3 Foot upto 10 Foot.
In "Wall Mount Kit" There are two options Yes and No.
And i want the "Wall Mount Kit" options need to change based on the "Shelf Length" selection as below.

If Shelf Length - 2 Foot than "Wall Mount Kit"  Yes Price Should be $10.
If Shelf Length - 3 Foot than "Wall Mount Kit"  Yes Price Should be $15.
If Shelf Length - 4 Foot than "Wall Mount Kit"  Yes Price Should be $20.
If Shelf Length - 5 Foot than "Wall Mount Kit"  Yes Price Should be $25 And so one.

So how can i achieve this requirement.

This i need to do on my live site. 

Maxim Pishnyak

'Shelf Length - 2' is parent product. It was also custom field 'Wall Mount Kit'.
'Shelf Length - 3' etc are childs.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

jhoompk

Hi,

I tried creating parent with few variants (Size A, Size B, Size C).
Then created child for the same parent with different variants (Color D, Color E, Color F) but child not allowing to keep values for variants and always set it to default.

Is this bug in VM?
As i tried this on very latest version of VM2 which is version 2.0.24 and Joomla 2.5.14 with PHP Version 5.3.26.

Can you please help me in this ?

Blix

I´ve the same problem...

when i create the child product, it´s not possible to change variations or prices. Gets always setback to default values from parent

i´m using VM2.0.24 & J!2.5.14

joommasters

I think default VM can't do like you want, have to build a custom plugin of VM, maybe a small component for managing price for each option of Shelf Length.