Discounts 2.0.22c errors in display and storage of pricing information

Started by AH, September 07, 2013, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

I will try again with posting my findings on discounts and problems that I can see.  This time for 2.0.22c

Just tested 2.0.22c and the use of a very simple configuration:-

VAT tax per product of 20%
DBtax 10% discount rule

This store is VAT registered

I have aimed to map the display and storage of pricing for the full lifecycle i.e.  Product config ->completed order

The diagram represents captured elements at  key stages, areas on the diagram have been highlighted and numbered. The issues and queries are detailed by number ref below.

1: Why is there no display for the net price  (price ex VAT) As can be seen from this product page I have no idea what price a "trade" customer will pay when a discount  is in place (See product display (2))

2: This is the correct calculation of the DBtax  However  the pricing display indicates (using crossed out )that the discounted price was the final price inclusive of tax.  So if I were a customer the discount value would be incorrect.  If the discount could be show as either a value or a percentage (I would use percentage!) Then this error could be worked around,  by choosing to display discount as a percentage.

3: The cart net price is correct at 22.05.
Here again the crossed out final price is confusing
(However I guess this might have to be a template mod to remove the crossed out price.) 
The cart display is missing the "total cost price of the goods" being purchased.
Trade customers should not have to work this out themselves!

4: This is not the net price of the goods the ex VAT price in (3) has changed back to the Base price
The ex VAT price is £22.05 as shown in the cart

5: The discount does not relate to the Price shown as crossed out. Very confusing!

6: What is trying to be conveyed in the ADMIN order  view?-
Product Price Cost - this should be the ex-vat price of the goods  the total line shows the correct value of £22.05 but the detail line show £24.50 which is incorrect)
What is the base price with tax trying to explain ? From the product display at the time of the order it is NOT £29.40 it is £26.46 see the pricing display in the section above (2)
Product price gross this is the gross price and is correct

Total only subtotals for each element of pricing - Subtotal items, Shipment, Payment.

7: The sales price of the goods  for this order was £26.46 why is the crossed out price relevant on this display ( £29.40)

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

servlet

3. In my shop is shown the base price. Did you edit thes field in green or it is shown in your shop?
Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

AH

No editing was done to the data, this is what 2.0.22c delivers to these fields
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

servlet

Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

AH

Milbo et al

I have looked at the templates responsible for displaying the information in the front end and backend

To display what I require, is achievable through adjustment of frontend and backend  templates.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0