Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multilanguage flags css problem - v.2.0.22c

Started by nrap, September 04, 2013, 15:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrap

Joomla 2.5.14
Virtuemart 2.0.22c
Multilanguage site using joomla's built in multilanguage support.

Languages Greek + English.

Default language is Greek in VM.
When changing from Greek to English the popup that there is no language pops up but the flags are nowhere to be shown.
A quick look at the /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/menu_images.css shows that the flags are set to:

td.flag-el and td.flag-gb

instead in my website they are set to
td.flag-gr and td.flag-en

adding the following to the menu_images.css fixes the problem

td.flag-en,.flag-gb{ background: url(../images/flag/en.png) no-repeat 0 0; padding-left:20px !important;}
td.flag-gr,.flag-gr{ background: url(../images/flag/el.png) no-repeat 0 0; padding-left:20px !important;}

guidocx842

Hi everybody!
After the update to Virtuemart 2.0.22c on Joomla 2.0.14 I'm not able to use the Multilanguage feature!  :( :( :(
Initially, I create all categories only in English but I install also the italian language for the backoffice.
Than I update the Virtuemart 2.0.22b to 2.0.22c and activate the multilanguage option with english (gb) and italian (it).
When I enter into a category, I see the dropdown menu with English (I don't see english flag) and Italian (I see italian flag).
When I select Italian I see the popup that there is no language so I set the italian category name, url, title, meta-description, meta-keys and description.
BUT, if I press save, all this italian information OVERWRITE the english informations and viceversa!
So by now I'm not able to use the multilanguage feature! I try also to use various browser and I try also to create new categories but the problem remain.
Please, can you help me to undersand how to solve!? I have many Virtuemart website and it's the first time that I see this bug!
Thank you so much.

CE WebDesign München

hi, similar issue here, Virtuemart 2.0.22c / Joomla 2.0.14, standard language en-gb

After update to Virtuemart 2.0.22c:
no matter which language chosen, product-text will get stored to en-gb

works again after downgrading to 2.0.22b...
CE WebDesign München: https://ce-webdesign.de | Websites, eCommerce WebShops | Responsive Design | SEO

guidocx842

It works if you downgrade?????
How do you do the downgrade? Simply install the 2.0.22b over the 2.0.22c?
Is not a risk? I'm thinking to the database... thanks!

Kongzi

Hello,

Arf, I'm not alone with desperate mind ...

Joomla 2.5.14
Virtuemart 2.0.22b

I have same problem with flag and if I try to edit any other language, the default language is erase by the new entry !

I modify english or spanish, so french default language is erase by last modification

Default : French
Other : Italian, English, Spanish

I tried on local to update to 2.0.22c, but same problem with language.
I downgrade to 2.0.22b, that's seem to correct the bug. But no english flag yet

What could we do ?

I post here too : http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118456.0

Thanks and all the best

CE WebDesign München

@ guidocx842

sorry for confusion, i tested on a local backup.

i never update the live-site until the update passed all my testing cases (including clone/new product + new category etc.)

so yes, i simply install the 2.0.22b over the 2.0.22c, works locally for me.

if you have no backup, do a backup now and check locally, if this downgrade works for you
(and backup before EVERY joomla + vm update from now on and keep copies stored for a while...)
CE WebDesign München: https://ce-webdesign.de | Websites, eCommerce WebShops | Responsive Design | SEO

guidocx842

Quote from: gogo123 on September 05, 2013, 18:12:15 PM
@ guidocx842

sorry for confusion, i tested on a local backup.

i never update the live-site until the update passed all my testing cases (including clone/new product + new category etc.)

so yes, i simply install the 2.0.22b over the 2.0.22c, works locally for me.

if you have no backup, do a backup now and check locally, if this downgrade works for you
(and backup before EVERY joomla + vm update from now on and keep copies stored for a while...)

Hi gogo123 and thank you for your answer!
You're right! I usually make a backup before every update of Joomla or Virtuemart but, in this case, I'm wrong because I think that I can install the update with no problems... I read 2.0.22c STABLE and HARDENED...! It's a sub sub version...   :(
Now I'm copying the website locally and I'll try the downgrade to 2.0.22b... I will say you if I solve... thank you by now!  ;)

nrap

Hello,
I can confirm that there is a problem there.

After updating to v. 2.0.22c, every time I try to change the language and press save, the default language is overiden by the whatever language I have... Worked on 2.0.22b though.
Any solutions?

guidocx842

Hi everybody!
I can confirm that downgrading to 2.0.22b the problem is completely solved.
So, if you are interested in multilanguage support, do not install 2.0.22c release!  ;)
I'm sure that in future release the problem will be solved...  ;)

mksnz

My menu_images.css was already in that format.
Even 22b caused problems for some reason, I had to downgrade back to 22a and now it works.

nrap

Same problem in Categories:

Created a category with the default language (greek)
Pressed the English button - popup appeared that there is no en-gb translation - OK
Edited the name (test category english) -> Save
The category reappeared with the Greek text as the English one.
Pressing the English translation popup that there is no english translation reappears...

Milbo

Shit,

I am really sorry for this. we had to change this part, because it was a big security issue. There are testers with multilanguage pages, but seems they did noticed this error testing a product. Here is a fix. Please test, we will release a d version asap.

path is \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers. thx.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

CE WebDesign München

2.0.22c + new config.php works for me (local)! thanks milbo for the quick fix!!!

just for far future:
products -> field "product search" is prefilled with "0" now and does not remember searchword like before

on selecting/going back to english (my default) in product (same for category), i see no flags (no problem, but might be confusing to new vm-users)

on saving (not save+close) product (same for category) vm jumps back to english (no problem, but might be confusing to new vm-users too)

Milbo

thx, also fixed, I fear we must release a D version.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mksnz

22c and new config.php didn't do anything for me.
Same problem exists, I tried to install it twice but only the first language can be edited (two languages in my shop).

Even 22b has the same problem... 22a works flawlessly.