SOLVED Template disappear after upgrade from 2.0.22 to 2.0.22b

Started by stensbo, September 03, 2013, 14:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stensbo

Using Joomla 2.5.11, Multi language, Beez20 copy template,  vm-css - category and product page override.

Joomla site is live - danrider.dk -  but vm shop will only be for registered shopper. Just testing and modifying with a few categories and products.

I did the manual update with 2.0.22b extract first targz - first and then aio and then update plugin tables.
After update and you enter a category my template disappear - header menu - footer. Category and product are displayed but with wrong font.

Tried to enable Beez 20 template but it is the same. What did I do wrong ?
I don't have a backup ( I know) - can I go back to 2.0.22a if I just overwrite the files with that version?

jenkinhill

Probably a Joomla module/menu language issue. Are your Joomla menu items set up in all the languages used?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

stensbo

I have a main menu ALL (unpublis) - main menu DK  - main menu SE and some other menus/item for DK. The "Forhandler" menu that some vm modules are shown in is set to ALL.  In vm config I only have one language DK. All vm modules is set to language ALL.

franzpeter

Sorry, I do not completely understand that. You have a website with danish and swedish language. You have two main menus, one for danish and one for swedish. And you did configure your shop with both languages? If you log in as administrator into Joomla backend, call the Virtuemart component and there the tab->Shop, what does it show in the language configuration. Are both languages there or do you want for example that VM just use one language?

stensbo

No I did not config it with both language. At the moment I only want to use 1 language DK.
Virtuemart config under  tab-> shop = DK

stensbo

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

stensbo

I did the upgrade to Virtuemart 2.0.22c - nothing has changed - still no template

jjk

Difficult to tell what your problem might be without being able to click through your frontend. What I can see is that your homepage and the link (not working) to the login module do have english language tags. Combined with your description in your first post in this thread, it is likely that you somehow messed up the Joomla multilanguage configuration. So at first I would recommmend to compare your language settings with the Joomla tutorial provided here: http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/36-multilingual-store/99-multilanguage-setup.html.

Make shure that all icons in the 'Multilingual Status' view are all green.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

stensbo

I understand  - menu link to login module only works from DK page.
The multilang_tutorial was the one I followed to setup Joomla categories and menus from start.

I did check the Multilingual status and here we have a 'red one'  :(  in en-GB ( forgot to mention that en-GB was here to - sorry) - default homepage for en-GB is missing and I don't have a language switch modul for GB.  Actually I don't want to use en_GB - I just thought it was needed for the enabled "use English where string is not translated" under config tab-> shop. Do I have to unpublish en-GB or....?

Well it is good night time in DK - thanks to all for your help today I will go
through the multilanguage setup tomorrow.

stensbo

Using Joomla 2.5.14  VM 2.0.22c

Went through the multi language setup - now I have 3 language and 'Multilingual Status' view are all green.

Still no template when I enter a category - using phoca dtree - if I enter all categories ( in top of dtree) template do not disappear.

Have added a test shopper and it would be great if any of you wants to click through the shop

username: test 
password: test

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

PATSXM971

Hi stensbo,

try to go to
configuration / configuration / template tab
and set default to (maybe not all options are necessary ; please change step by step, check and report)

• template for your shop
  • category template
  • Layout for your home page

hope it helps

source : french language VirtueMart forum
http://virtuemart.fr/accueil-forum/mises-a-jour/45-resolu-maj-virtuemart-20-22b-et-soucis-d-affichage.html?start=10#330

stensbo

Hi PATSXM971

My settings :

•template for your shop = my template (default template for my Joomla site)
•category template= my template
•Layout for your home page= no override

step 1 : set template for your shop = Use Joomla default = not working

step 2 : template for your shop = Use Joomla default
             set category template = Use Joomla default  = WORKING  :)

I though my template (default template for my Joomla site - a real copy of beez20) and  Joomla default was the same..

Thanks to you all  - I will mark this topic as SOLVED  8)