News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

The number 555-555-1212 - it is stuck on my confirmation mails.

Started by mar109us1, September 03, 2013, 14:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mar109us1

this number is from the demo i think. It do not say this anymore so I do not understand why it is not gone.

In the bottom of my confirmation emails it says thank you for shopping etch and then this number. I can really not understand..

Happened to anyone else?

Hope for some input :)

jenkinhill

Most likely the vendor phone number,  change in Shop/Vendor setup page, additional information tab.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mar109us1

Yes, it is the vendor number from the demo. The problem is, I have already removed it, but it still shows.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mar109us1

I think I will just find the correct file where the number is and delete the number from there. If anyone know the path I would appreceate it.

I tried to set the job over to other people but i found out it is better to do it myself :)

Maxim Pishnyak

Archive template folder, download it, unpack it, use text search.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

T.A. Garrison, LLC

I just posted about this exact problem in another area. Sorry if it's duplicated. I couldn't find the correct thread to post my question.

Ok. The problem, as mar109us1 stated, is that if the VM installation contained the "demo" information, even if you change everything everywhere, the 555-555-1212 remains in the database (which I finally had to check to figure out where the number exists).

Here is the table where the phone number is stored:
_virtuemart_vendors_en_gb

In the column:
vendor_phone

Well, the vendor phone is updated in "Shopper Information" within admin, but there is no field elsewhere in the admin "Shop" settings to correct the vendor phone.

I "can" change this in the db, but that doesn't really address the issue.
Shouldn't there be, or isn't there another method through admin to reset that number?

I suspect there are many out there who are oblivious to the fact that their customers are getting that "generic" phone number at the bottom of their invoice when it arrives. At least those who had the "demo" data installed with the installation of VM.

I'm hoping that someone doesn't suggest to simply use the "Tools > DB tools" and remove all the VM data. I've gone through "extensive" measures to create this development to be responsive. The client is very happy with what they've seen and wants to deploy the development and replace the current site - immediately. I can't afford to have something go wrong if I use the DB Tools and it destroys a bunch of the work. The site is 99.9% ready to go live.

Any suggestions...other than DB Tools?

Thanks.

Had another thought to add...
There is no "Additional Information" in "Shop > Vendor". There is information that can be edited for the vendor in Shop > Vendor, but not a phone number field.
The invoice uses the "Bill To Information" under Shop > Shopper Information to include as the vendor information. Even that information has the correct phone number, and when displayed in the header of the invoice it displays the correct phone number.

The phone number in question comes specifically from the db field, which cannot be changed within VM admin.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: LTCreations on November 29, 2013, 01:31:27 AM
The phone number in question comes specifically from the db field, which cannot be changed within VM admin.
PhpmyAdmin could be temporary workaround then.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

T.A. Garrison, LLC

QuotePhpmyAdmin could be temporary workaround then.

Well, yes. But that hardly resolves the issue.
I think the question here is, "why" is there no method to change that phone number? It would seem a pretty simple update to add a field in the vendor information for that change. It's never a good idea to recommend accessing phpmyadmin to make changes to template issues.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

think

I have had the same problem. Try components -> contacts -> shop address -> phone number
this worked for me

Milbo

Quote from: LTCreations on December 01, 2013, 18:02:17 PM

I think the question here is, "why" is there no method to change that phone number?

You are completly right. I think, I removed it in the GUI, but not in the database. The question is how we it should be handled. Actually I think for most people the vendor_phone is for the most shopowners just an extra field to be filled, because they can just use the phone of their address.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member